Tyrell could have outwitted Batty

...Ford is on record as stating he missed his mark in that shot and that is why his eyes appeared red. It was a screw up, perhaps Scott took advantage of it later in editing, but the important thing to note is Ford was not instructed to be in a position for the effect to be captured by camera.
Yeah, but what he says doesn't really mean much, IMO. How many times have you heard an actor come up with some statement/factoid/revelation 25 - 30 years after the fact (sometimes even completely contradicting something they said "on record" previously)? Several times, I'd bet.

Heck, he wouldn't have HAD to have been told to be in the position. Ridley could just as easily have told the FX guys: "Make sure everyone's eyes are glowing..."

WE
just don't know.

..."Takes one to know one"... So I guess that means J.F. and Chew were replicants too? Is every character in the film a skin job? :rolleyes :lol

Kevin
Ahhh, you reached pretty far for that one, imo. J.F. & Chew knew what they were (after observing them for a little bit), because they were directly involved in the manufacture of replicants. It only makes sense that THEY might guess what they were.

You guys don't EVEN want me to start spouting my theories that EVERY Blade Runner on the force (minus Bryant & Gaff) are replicants.

COME AT ME, BRO!!1

Tyrell doesnt need to outwit anyone because he believes if he is killed, that he gets to return. I know it's been covered but wasn't it Sebastian who also had access to the original Tyrell but the only one with the knowledge that it dead beyond repair?

So Tyrell doesn't care what happens to him (as a copy) but he actually does get murdered not realizing his original is already beyond his own science.

Or was that the book?

Ahhh, you reached pretty far for that one, imo. J.F. & Chew knew what they were (after observing them for a little bit), because they were directly involved in the manufacture of replicants. It only makes sense that THEY might guess what they were.

Oh trust me "I" don't believe they are Replicants. My comment was a tongue-in-cheek response to Mic's "Takes one to know one, Deckard is a Replicant" comment.

It just feels like fan conspiracies on who-is-what have run rampant with this film to the point of it making an episode of The Twilight Zone look straight forward. :lol

Holden should have known Leon by his photo.

Holden planned on shooting Leon under the table too; Leon just shot him first.
If you slo-mo Leon shooting him, Holden had his gun drawn as his chair is blown backwards- even before the close up of Leon shooting a second time.

Of course in the Special Edition Holden fires a couple of times before Leon shoots back in self defence. :behave

Kevin

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back