Tyrell Building Elevator (fairly big pics)

Wes R

Legendary Member
I couldn't pass up getting one for my friend's Bladerunner collection when Matt offered it in his sales thread. It's cast off the studio built model. http://www.therpf.com/f10/tyrell-building-original-prop-59461/

The cast needs some love but not bad. I have a spare thanks to Matt in case i screw up too badly.
DSCN0137.jpg

DSCN0145.jpg

DSCN0146.jpg

DSCN0147.jpg

The red circles show the worst spots. I'm going to cut out the bigger ones and replace them with styrene to keep the edge crisp (saw it on the RPF someplace) and i'll be replacing the thinner raised parts with sheet styrene.
DSCN0148.jpg

DSCN0149.jpg

DSCN0151.jpg

The bottom needs sanded flat which is no biggie, i can do that with a sanding block while watching tv and will be the easy part.
I have no idea what color this is supposed to be. In the pics in the thread i posted above they look rust or red colored. Anyone know the real colors?

Can you post better photos of the top and bottom ends? I'm wondering if the detail there is a from a piece of photo etch. If it is, I want to see if it is present on the etch artwork files....... Thanks.

I'll look for photos that show off the color.

Gene

Sure, i'll try and get them asap. i have to dig out the tripod and set up in the kitchen. i have the worst lights around in my room it seems.

Here's a better bunch of pics. My flash is useless with this plastic, it just reflects it back but you can see the details.
DSCN0164.jpg

DSCN0165.jpg

DSCN0166.jpg

DSCN0167.jpg

DSCN0168.jpg

Hmmm.... looks like Evergreen scribed sheet. And a Leopold part. I'll look through the etch artwork to see if that grill is there.

Gene

Was evergreen around back when the film was made? I'm guessing they probably grabbed whatever they had on hand since it was only seen a few times from a distance.

It should look like this one. Hope this pic helps.

photo19ki.jpg

photo20cl.jpg

photo21ps.jpg

Yours has more material on the back from when it was cast but it looks about the same. Mine has a few more malformed areas but nothing that can't be fixed. Good practice to get it looking good. I'll for sure use your pics for reference on trimming it.

Oh I agree. About the same dimensionally.

Just wanted to help if anyone wanted to correct for the obvious shrinkage.

Id sand the strips off yours and replace them. That should clean it up nicely.

Yeah those strips are just too much to try and fix any other way. I'm glad i have until october or december to get this ready for my friend lol.

I'm slowly working on it. I'm going slow as I don't want to screw it up but the lines that need removed are coming out pretty well.

Not much of an update, i sanded the back down a bit to thin out the extra material which also makes it easier to trim the flash away from spots. I'm thinking of mounting it to a nice plaque for my friend. Not have much luck cutting out that piece that needs replaced, looking back i could have done better and different. All else fails i'll learn from it and use the spare elevator i have.

DSCN0336.jpg

DSCN0335.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back