types of finishing coats of paint?

il1keme

Hey fellas

I'm from Australia and have been doing research on this site and off about what type of product to use as a final coat of paint to get that shiny/wet look on a latex costume.

So far i have been able to find only two types of products which can do this, "Perma-wet" from monster makers and "Flexi-Urethane Gloss".

Unfortunately all sites i have found selling these products do not ship to Australia. My question is, does anyone know a dealer to purchase one of these products who ships to Australia, or is there another product which is identical to these.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Il1keme

Hi il1keme

I'm in Queensland and I've been having a hard time finding stuff as well, I haven't gone looking for Perma-wet or anything yet but I think your best bet in Australia would be Dalchem or Barnes
They are both based in Melboure I think. I have ordered a couple of things from Dalchem and they get their stuff from The Monstermakers, but I thought they were a bit pricey
And if you are in Queensland try Latona's Make-up I went over to the north side of Brisbane and bought my mask making latex from here, they have all sorts of goodies but I'm not sure about Perma-wet but the woman that works there is really great and will help you out. Oh and they have alot more stuff in store than is in their pricelist

Hope this helps you out

To everyone who has helped me i send a thank you your way.

I have gotten into contact with a good friend of mine who is a professional painter and he has shown me another product which will work just as well as perma-wet.

It is called "Export tyre clear", it comes in a spraycan for roughly $2 and is used on your car tires to give a shine quality while keeping off grime and dirt. It should be available at an auto care store (super cheap auto - in Australia). The only downside to this product is that over time it will gather dust, though a quick clean with a rag should get it off in one go.

I hope this information helps anyone with the same problem i had with an inexpensive alternative to "Perma-wet" or "Flexi-Urethane Gloss".

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back