Tycho Chelcu-inspired 1/144 Bandai X-Wing

Guns Akimbo

Sr Member
This was a fun little build.

I was browsing the web and happened upon a link to Rogue Squadron lore. There was a picture of some custom painted X-Wings and among them was one that really caught my eye. I did some digging and discovered it was flown by Tycho Celchu. Some further investigation revealed that these were not the *actual* colors but I liked this one enough to decide to paint up a 1/144 Bandai kit from the stash (I might do a larger one in the same scheme). I used Stynylrez white primer, Tamiya flat white and black and Testor's Fluorescent Orange lightly weathered with some oils & finished off with Tamiya matte clear (except for the base) I'm thinking of doing the whole custom colored squadron. :lol:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 128
Very cool! This paint scheme comes from the X-wing novel "The Bacta War". Rogue Squadron resigns from the New Republic military so Wedge allows each pilot to do a personalized paint job of his/her X-wing, several of which are described in the book. I have two of these 1/144 X-wing kits I'm planning to do in Wedge and Corran Horn's colors from the novel.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back