Two Dragon Age: Inquisition builds (Blackwall and Scout Harding)

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by PaxAddict, Aug 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. PaxAddict

PaxAddict Jr Member

Hey folks!

After my successful Brynden Blackfish build, I approach the next project with a full 11 months to work on.

My wife and I are doing a costume together, with a few other friends, and we will be joining a competition. So I'm pouring my heart and soul into this one.
    So I will be doing Blackwall, and Jamie will be doing Scout Harding.

515738026.jpg
    tumblr_inline_ndeb9eBqOT1rzps41.png

So, there's a lot of work to do. I've picked up everything I need to be an armorsmith, and I've already started on the Blackwall armor. Blackwall's costume is pretty straight forward. Armor and the padded gambeson underneath. The rest is just minor stuff, which I can work out later.

Scout Harding, on the other hand, has a lot going on.
    She's wearing a lot of chainmaille, which I can pull off pretty easily
    Leather? shoulder guards
    Plate "breastplate" and gorget, which I'm working on
    cloth hood which seems to attach to the breastplate
    and a rolled up cloth going under the armpits and behind the neck (under the hood)

So, aside from the armor, which will be a process, but it already underway, I'm thinking of making all of her costume functional.
    I've decided to make the rolled up cloth that runs under the armpits out of waxed canvas, and will be a diamond cut poncho/tent

I will post updates as we go. This one will be a blast!

And don't worry, for those interested, I'll post a writeup on the armor process. It is... involved.

Cheers!
    Michael