Twin X-Wing

JCalhoun

Picked up a couple of Bandai X-Wing kits to create my Twin X-Wing.

IMG_2764.jpg

I both love it...and hate it... :cool: ....I'm guessing one guy flies the X Wing and the other...makes coffee.....:lol::lol:
Same here; good idea...but I would've built it with only 2 engines in the middle, not four. (my preference, of course);)

I think I agree — that two engines in the middle might be preferable to my four — visually. I wouldn't want the two fuselages too close to one another though (for visual reasons, again). The four engine cluster was much easier to "kit bash" though.

If someone has a couple X-Wing kits sitting around maybe they can do a twin with just the two engines in the middle. And probably they can make it nicer than I did.

I sort of dislike these small Bandai kits. The smaller scale is kind of a drag (as I am getting older) and while they are cleverly designed and very detailed parts, 1) I like to test-fit parts but their snap-together tolerances make that difficult to un-do (and so I resisted test-fitting and it lead to some mistakes made), and 2) I forget sometimes whether I'm building Bandai or Lego ;).

I considered that a second pilot could of course have been flying while the other targeting the Death Star vent. I also considered that perhaps the Twin X-Wing existed before droid co-pilots were a thing — perhaps I could have replaced the droids behind each pilot with a turret-gun. But I didn't want to wander too far off of canon.

Great ship. I like the quad engines. It means that sucker is FAST. Like the blockade runner.
Thanks. It's kind of dumb, but when I considered going with just a pair of engines in the center, I saw that it was a net loss of engines. While the Twin X-Wing has a quad of wings it no longer has to push through space, it still seemed like it would be underpowered compared to a standard X-Wing.

Perhaps that's okay though, perhaps a 6-engine Twin X-Wing is for recon ... or "bombing" runs.

Thanks. It's kind of dumb, but when I considered going with just a pair of engines in the center, I saw that it was a net loss of engines. While the Twin X-Wing has a quad of wings it no longer has to push through space, it still seemed like it would be underpowered compared to a standard X-Wing.

Perhaps that's okay though, perhaps a 6-engine Twin X-Wing is for recon ... or "bombing" runs.
I like your project! It's something I'd never seen nor even thought of before! :D

Yeah, when I thought of it I assumed someone had already done it (thanks to the internet, that old adage, nothing new under the sun, has been proven again and again). But when I tried to Google something like "twin x-wing" or "dual x-wing" nothing came up. So I bought two kits and went for it.

I'm glad you like it. Honestly, I'd like to see someone do a better one. :)
Since I like larger scales, perhaps if they re-release the larger AMT X-Wing kit (that I grew up with) I will revise this — maybe try just six engines in total.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back