Twin pod Cloud car.

ralphee

Sr Member
Well, between PD arms, i just HAD to get a breather, and start this thing. Its the Timeslip/Coinprop kit.

This is actually the second time im putting all this together, as my first Timeslip casting wasnt curing, and primer would kinda go touch dry, but then leech into putty, rather horrible as it goes...nothing like doing it twice eh :rolleyes?

Anyhoo, gladly, no such problems as yet here, so i decided to dive in, throw it together for test fitting, and, grind out those gun apertures that are about half the size of the correct Brabham kit parts.

Still a LOT to do here, this is all still very rough, next up is a lighting system, then, i can get to a full clean up.

Other than the gun mods, itll be built OOB.

bests......lee
Marscommision009-1.jpg

Corrected WIP gun apertures.
Marscommision013.jpg

Ahhh, it fits, woohooo!
Marscommision010-1.jpg

Heyyyy Allan :), thanks buddy, love the avatar! Ah the snowspeeder is next on my list, shes built, primed, just awaiting all the little bits, and of course an ILM savvy cockpit now we have pilots!

Lee

Can't wait to see more! What are you planing top use for the engine lights? Didn't the original use some sort of tiny neon tube or something similar!?

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi! ralphee!

I look forward to watching your progress.:)

The guns made by brass tube are cool.:thumbsup

Steve, yes i think it was a Neon of festoon set up in the prop, think ill just be going with acrylic tube and LED's as the testing worked out OK.

Phil, the ATAT box is just a accurizing parts kit for the Revell, i intend to tide myself over with the task of building an articulate walker that will look half decent, till an SS one becomes a reality :).

Simon, more pics will come soon buddy, sadly i dont have a FB, im one of the odd ones who STILL wont conform or assimilate, come on CAFE WORLD????:lol.

Think my Dad had some shoes like this once :lol.

lee

I always thought the engine was a halogen bulb, which if you use it would probably set the model on fire in about a minute! :)

It's unfortunate that they don't make slightly shorter cold cathode tubes. That would work perfectly in its place.

Fluorescents then eh? I'm having an interesting time looking up "mini tubes" on google. Is there an easy kit form of them out there for simpletons (like me)?

Lee,

Cant wait to see what youll do with her paint wise. Please post details like you did with the probe droid. Know that there are paint samples shown on the new blue ray discs that were used on the cloud car.

I dont know what came with the kit but are you going to substitute original kit parts for the details?

Marvin

Steve, yes i think it was a Neon of festoon set up in the prop, think ill just be going with acrylic tube and LED's as the testing worked out OK.

Phil, the ATAT box is just a accurizing parts kit for the Revell, i intend to tide myself over with the task of building an articulate walker that will look half decent, till an SS one becomes a reality :).

Simon, more pics will come soon buddy, sadly i dont have a FB, im one of the odd ones who STILL wont conform or assimilate, come on CAFE WORLD????:lol.

Think my Dad had some shoes like this once :lol.

lee

Lee I shoved two 5mm super bright Led's on each end
of the tube and that's what i ended up with. I did have to frost the
tubes by wet sanding them though. This was in the daylight as well
good luck.....I hated building this thing! LOL
100_1188.jpg

100_1187.jpg

100_1440.jpg

Pollute away guys lol, Allan i was tempted on the tubes, but i think i may go with the LED's.

Michael, thats about bang on to what i want to do buddy, tired a lightly frosted tube, worked well in rough, need to do a fancy Dan dressed up one like yours lol.

Marvin, well no, no more kit parts, what i have is cast great, and the correct calipers come with the kit anyway as i ID's them all that time ago, so it would be a waste, as i said, from here itll be OOB with a kick ass paint job.

Michael, meant to say, PM me agin on the rest of the Y wing dims you need, in light of all the bollocks from some ****** forcing me to change ALL my passwords everywhere, which TBH is a MAJOR PITA, i kinda got lost, and may have deleted your old PM bro.

bests.......lee

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back