Twilight Zone - Mystic Seer

I've heard this rumor and I believe it's just that.

I've seen a full sized plastic devil head from the 50's with a hang tag on it that looked exactly like the swami devil. I believe the devil head was a found item.

Not the little guys but the rear view mirror ones... Seen em' with my own eyes and regretted not buying them ever since. I have a pic around here somewhere. They simply repainted the little bugger.

I'll make one of these sooner or later. Gotta get a good Swami machine to drop the shell over.

I've got one of those plastic heads. (In fact, I had found about 10 and sold nine of them here a few years ago.) They are very, very close, but not exact. The horns aren't quite the same.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

W.

Got mine awhile ago. Here it is...
Ed

TwilightZone_MysticSeer-Rep.JPG

All of the existing ones I've seen are close, but not 100%, even the one from b9builder isnt 100% (I still have one coming, I ordered the other day). I have someone sculpting an accurate one now, I'm trying to help with reference material.

I have all the reference I need now, thanks. Mods can close this one up :)

Thanks.

Originally posted by creamedgeezer@Feb 28 2006, 05:24 PM
All of the existing ones I've seen are close, but not 100%, even the one from b9builder isnt 100% (I still have one coming, I ordered the other day). I have someone sculpting an accurate one now, I'm trying to help with reference material.

I have all the reference I need now, thanks. Mods can close this one up :)

Thanks.
[snapback]1195689[/snapback]​
Agree with Propreplicator and Creamedgeezer on this- There seem to be a number of differently sized plastic heads but none are exact. Exchanged photos with creamedgeezer on this point prior to the thread- Here are a couple of the larger 50's heads I got for this project- They are etched in my childhood memory as correct but are not-

[image]http://www.fotoheap.com/image.php?on=207&an=929&in=30130&t=i[/image]

They seem correctly sized compared with the smaller ones but god knows how many variants are out there- Seem to be a bunch-

[image]http://www.fotoheap.com/image.php?on=207&an=929&in=30126&t=i[/image]

Doc

Okay, so I'm old and everything, and I rememeber seeintg these things around, but does anybody know the significance or origin of the design?

It seems strange that the same grinning, left eye jeweled, horned red devil kept popping up in these different sized and sculpts.

Just curious.

Steve

If you look in the new issue of HorrorHound magazine there is an article on a company that is making them along with the space man from the ep with Agnes Moorehead .Hope this helps

The card dispenser and Invader are bobble heads. Kind of a neat toy idea actually. :lol

Sadly the mystic seer is not built to dispense cards (tho it does come with replica cards). I'm waiting to hear if the head is accurate though and if it could be used to make a more satisfying replica.

k

The head on mine snapped off in shipping, as did the horns when the loose head was rolling around inside. I was so mad I returned it, without even checking how good the sculpt was.

Cheap resin used in making the head at any rate!

Here are the most recent progress pics. The sculptor has already made many improvements to it since the pics were taken. Hoping to have the mold soon!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back