Tutorial Wanted For Custom Predator Figures And More.

Prednuttie

Is there a tutorial thread here i can find to get started? I knew a few years ago you could customize action figures and i never bothered to try. I have done alot of model car kits in the past and done crazy customizations. Now after seeing this thread and i am a huge fan of Aliens and Predators and it just jump started me to wanna have a hobby again.

I am a avid artist and would love to build my imagination and talents on this idea.

Can someone explain me what do you use to build custom parts? Besides painting that i can figure out.

Like instructions what to start with and perhaps step by step threads?

How to fix errors if you had painted? I would love TIPS and ideas.

I would love to get started soon. Halloween is around the corner and i know some stores are racking up some nice action figures of Predators. Ebay is best last resort too :D

Thanks and i am glad to be a part of Hunter's Lair.

ALSO if you guys are computer gamers or builders like me, take your time to check out www.overclock.net.

Hope to learn much about everything on this website!

Thanks!

Btw isn't there a option to subscribe a thread? Wow this forum is so different from my other forums lol. Glad to be here anyways!

Trial and error is good too.I think you may ruin some figures but the learning you will get out of it is priceless.I never sculpted 3 years ago and bought crappy clay and thought i cant do this.But me being stubborn payed off and i bought different stuff and found my calling per say.Any way theres a ton of different ways to do this and theres probably a style for you and a tutorial may teach there way, which is bad.
Buy some cheap figures and beat the hell out of them is a great start!!!

Thanks for helping me.. sorry i haven't responded lately been busy. Now this weekend i'll swing by Hastings and see if they still have some Predators on sale but if not then i will resort to ebay and then start my project and see what i can do. I can easily make a background for it with Hobby Lobby train railroad ground equipment which we all know is a easy way but there are tons of crafts to make'em.

As for Predators, i dunno where to start but i will check out those information you provided.

Trial and error is good too.I think you may ruin some figures but the learning you will get out of it is priceless.I never sculpted 3 years ago and bought crappy clay and thought i cant do this.But me being stubborn payed off and i bought different stuff and found my calling per say.Any way theres a ton of different ways to do this and theres probably a style for you and a tutorial may teach there way, which is bad.
Buy some cheap figures and beat the hell out of them is a great start!!!

That is what i intend to plan on :D

Yea thats where i got my tips at I would post pics of my customs but i dont have preds yet.Unless i make an off topic customs list......can i do that on Predator Toys, Figures and Statues or on off topic discussion?
Please do MRXDXZ. I like seeing customs of anything.

More than likely you should put it in the off topic discussions, but better than that Make yourself a Gallery with the Gallery option.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back