Tusken Raider Ref Pics

Zoltar

I just laying down the last layer of wraps on a Godzilla raider mask and am looking for Reference pictures of the Sandperson that attacks Luke. I've managed to find a handfull of screencaps and the well known picture of the stuntman holding the helmet on his arm, what else is out there?
Anyone got anything they'd like to share.

Cheers
ZOLTAR

I just laying down the last layer of wraps on a Godzilla raider mask and am looking for Reference pictures of the Sandperson that attacks Luke. I've managed to find a handfull of screencaps and the well known picture of the stuntman holding the helmet on his arm, what else is out there?
Anyone got anything they'd like to share.

Cheers
ZOLTAR

Not sure if its the same headpiece or not but my favorite pic is the one is The LucasFIlm Archives: From Star Wars To Indiana Jones

Not sure if this is the right guy, but:
tuskanfront.jpg

tuskanside.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404627537.771351.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1404627588.974205.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1404627681.065112.jpg
There's not that many photos out there of the 3 screen used Tusken Raider masks from 1976 ( except the Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit that happened) and there is almost no accurate measurements of the masks or the parts that go on them. Godzilla probably mathematically scaled his mask from an Enfield ammo bandolier and managed to get everything proportionate. The mask he copied comes from the promotional posters and books but doesn't appear to be used in the film. Other than that...the 3 screen used masks haven't been copied or even mentioned by many people on these forums. Not sure that most people even realize there's 3 different masks in the movie. Some day maybe someone can get ahold of LFL or Gus Lopez and 3D scan them to get the scale and proportions right so people can have some accurate masks. I for one would like to see someone make a truly accurate version of the Hero Tusken that attacked Luke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
image.jpg

I hope this helps ... Make your "strips" are random in width anywhere from 1 to 2 1/4 inches . Be sure they don't look like there laid in a specific pattern and remember there such a thing as over weathering !!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 378
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back