Tusken raider gaffi info

masterpoo

Tuskegee? Damn autocorrect. I have a gaffi I bought maybe 10 years ago and has been in storage ever since. I’m looking to clear out some of my ‘I’ll never get to finish’ costume projects. I bought this off of eBay originally and it is solid wood and real metal. As heavy as it looks. Anyone have any ideas on the worth?
Gaffi
Thanks

If thats a real Totokia I'd say you could get anywhere upwards of $500 for it. You don't see those come up for sale very often anymore.

Thanks for the reply
I was told at the time it was from Fiji and was authentic. It is solid wood and the inlays are beautiful with a little pearl triangle by the club end on both sides.

If thats a real Totokia I'd say you could get anywhere upwards of $500 for it. You don't see those come up for sale very often anymore.

Agreed, if that is a real Fijian war club it helps the value. They can be a pain to get. I came by mine very easy in 2012 as a Fiji shop had some. I remember the club itself being a decent price (somewhere under $100) but you had to pay about double for the shipping costs.

It would also depend on the length of the club as I know they have made them in various sizes. The Fiji shop online that i got mine from sold 30" and 40". I first bought and built up the 30" and it was just too small compared to the one seen in A New Hope. So I built up the 40" and it looked perfect.

I would think you could get at least $150 to $200 based on the war club alone possible more if you get a motivated buyer. After that, it all depends on the buyer. If for costuming, they might not care about anything else as they might want to replace the metal part with plastic and foam. If someone is going to use it as a showpiece, they are going to need to get the fins welded or maybe even replace the whole metal section with the longer (A New Hope) variant.

This is fascinating. I've been searching for one for the past few months and the market seems... different now. More incredibly expensive antiques than average collectibles

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back