Turning T3 Arnie into T1

thank you for this thread i want to do the exact same thing u did with regards to getting a t3 laser scan and turning him into my fav version which is the one in the reference pic you used from t1
i will have to look u up when the time comes in case i have question thanks again for such a wonderful thread.
i would like to see a finished product.

Added the first couple coats of paint to the skin, metal eye and stubble. I know the stubble is over-exaggerated but after I start layering the paint overtop, it should be much more subtle.

Img_0558.jpg

Img_0561.jpg

I would see about applying the skin tone with a sponge. That is a little trick I did on the few busts I didn't send Streetjudge to paint for me :lol. Just get a nice flat skin tone and a touch of blue, red, and brown, and slowly dab little amounts of color until you get what you like. the sponge helps make the texture.

I used this technique on Howard's Rocky:

3bf4ac13.jpg

I applied about 7 different layers of skin with 4 different colors. I couldn't find any glass eyes, so I painted a ping pong ball. I think the skin looks ok now...it's only my second time painting skin...what do you think?

Img_0545.jpg

Img_0546.jpg

Img_0547.jpg

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I gave Arnie a "tan", brought back some of the stubble, and then used clear nail polish to make the eye glossy:

Img_0693.jpg

Img_0690.jpg

Img_0670.jpg

Img_0669.jpg

Img_0667.jpg

The lips still aren't quite right but he's getting there!

I like it but his eyes are Hazel;) The thing I think really ages him his the sag in the corner of his human eye from old Arnie;)

Beautiful work though:)

best
TAZ

Looking fantastic!!!

Love the tan and the stubble, and yes, hazel eyes.....i would also keep coating the eye with clear until you have a wet look to the surface,

This is going to look incredible with T1 hair!!!!

Rich

Nice job and Taz is right, Arnie's eyes are hazel.

If you're interested, here's highres image I took of the animatronic Arnie when I was at Winston Studios:

Click on the thumb for a high-res version.

Best

MARK

Nice job and Taz is right, Arnie's eyes are hazel.

If you're interested, here's highres image I took of the animatronic Arnie when I was at Winston Studios:

Click on the thumb for a high-res version.

Best

MARK

How did you get a tour of those studios? Is it open to public? I would love to check that out!

Looking good and like the effect on the skin tone. At that particular point in the movie however, he was sporting a rather pale and sickly skin tone, as the skin was dying from the damage he'd sustained throughout the movie.

Another thing to work on is the separation line between the lips. Currently, upper and lower lip looks fused together, because the separation line was painted over with the lip color, instead of left darker.

Thank for all the feedback guys...still a bit of tweaking to do...lips and eyes should be done tonight. Thanks again - you guys rock!

Looking into getting a wig now...looks like China is the only option for me since there don't appear to be any here locally...

Looking good. What will seal the deal is the hair and the gargoyles with the eye shinning through.
The Hair will make or break this bust for me. Get it wrong, might end up looking T2 ish....
Just keep it fairly short on top and long at the back, mullet ish, and you should get pretty close.
Looking forward to seeing more :)

How did you get a tour of those studios? Is it open to public? I would love to check that out!

Well, Winston Studios is closed now after the sad passing of Stan.

Sadly @coldblackice you can't simply arrive for a tour of most of the studios unless you work in the industry (as I do) or by way of a special invitation from someone working there.

Regards

MARK

Painting lips isn't easy. The color has to somewhat match the skin tone and have a red/purple tone. I've repainted about two dozen coats on here mixing colors and I've been looking at them so long that I just don't know how they look anymore...I need another set of eyes and opinions.

Img_0830.jpg

Here are the eyes with more brown and green added...I still left a hint of blue just for the layering effect:

Img_0827.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back