TURNING A BORING SCREEN USED PROP INTO SOMETHING

judgedredd

Sr Member
Hi just thought i would show you my screen used crystal from the Roswell series the episode were they are trapped in the cave with all the bad crystals around them :) anyhow i bought it from the propstore of london paid one day received the next excellent service guys.
The prop is basically just a block of clear blue resin so i made a display base and a little hidden lighting with light activated switch and recharchable batteries and bobs your uncle it really sets it off and makes it glow just like in the TV series very pleased with it now :)
books085.jpg

books086.jpg

Very Nice.

BTW, I went to Highschool with Jason Behr. Got his "autograph" so to speak in my year book(s). haha. Cool guy.

Joe

Thats i coincidence i also bought the roswell year book from Propstore wish i had it autographed though it has some real year book prints in it not sure if there is any significance to any of the people in it though.

Originally posted by TK171@Jan 17 2006, 08:39 PM
Very Nice.

BTW, I went to Highschool with Jason Behr. Got his "autograph" so to speak in my year book(s). haha. Cool guy.

Joe
[snapback]1161338[/snapback]​

Cool.- can you post or scan any pics from it?

I can't say I really followed the series a whole lot. Watched moreso once I found out JB was in it. A friend of my wifes actually told me he was in it. She must think he's a "hottie" or something. She asked if I knew him, cause he went to Richfield- She must have done her research :lol. I said yeah, why? She told me he was the lead character in the series.. so I started checking it out more.

I can't say I'm friends with him now or even much in highschool, but was in pretty good aquaintance with him way back in the day. I hear from other peeps I run into, that he comes into town every so often and hangs out with fam/friends. I'll have to check and see when/if he comes back into town and get out to that "get together". I know I've been asked to see if he could attend a Sci fi convention here in town too, but again.. not on a personal level with him anymore.- Though, could see about contacting him and see if he remembers me. :p

Hi mate i have put it into a frame behind glass but here is the propstore photo of one of the main color pics in the book. if this rings any bells for you i might dismantle the frame and get more info :)
http://www.propstore.com/images/products/5...s-yearbook3.jpg

Originally posted by TK171@Jan 17 2006, 11:16 PM
Cool.- can you post or scan any pics from it?

I can't say I really followed the series a whole lot. Watched moreso once I found out JB was in it. A friend of my wifes actually told me he was in it. She must think he's a "hottie" or something. She asked if I knew him, cause he went to Richfield- She must have done her research :lol. I said yeah, why? She told me he was the lead character in the series.. so I started checking it out more.

I can't say I'm friends with him now or even much in highschool, but was in pretty good aquaintance with him way back in the day. I hear from other peeps I run into, that he comes into town every so often and hangs out with fam/friends. I'll have to check and see when/if he comes back into town and get out to that "get together". I know I've been asked to see if he could attend a  Sci fi convention here in town too, but again.. not on a personal level with him anymore.- Though, could see about contacting him and see if he remembers me. :p
[snapback]1161467[/snapback]​

very very cool display.

i watched a few episodes of the show, but never really got caught up with it. that is one nice chunk of blue though :D

i dig the display as well. very nice.

chris

Hmm. doesn't look like anything from our books. Lockers are white. Ours were Maroon/Red.

might be from some other actors school or something. Cool pic though.

I'll have to see if I can post a pic of my junior High yr book. The drawings on the front, and main pictures thru-out were all Jason... I think he designed the book too.

PLEASE i would be interested to see it :) if you want to see the actual front cover heres the link.
http://www.propstore.com/product_info.php?pid=3870

Originally posted by TK171@Jan 18 2006, 12:03 AM
Hmm. doesn't look like anything from our books. Lockers are white. Ours were Maroon/Red.

might be from some other actors school or something. Cool pic though.

I'll have to see if I can post a pic of my junior High yr book. The drawings on the front, and main pictures thru-out were all Jason... I think he designed the book too.
[snapback]1161511[/snapback]​

Cheers i cant take much credit for it it was so simple to do a block supersculpey to make the rock base a couple of ultrabright leds for the light and a dismanteled garden light for the solar circuit :)

Originally posted by allosaur176@Jan 18 2006, 12:16 AM
you definetely added to it.....  Great Job  :thumbsup
[snapback]1161524[/snapback]​

Nice.

I'll take some shots tonight and post some pics or our yr book. I don't have a scanner, but will see if some Digital pics will work (show up well enough to see).

great thanks
Originally posted by TK171@Jan 19 2006, 04:06 PM
Nice.

I'll take some shots tonight and post some pics or our yr book. I don't have a scanner, but will see if some Digital pics will work (show up well enough to see).
[snapback]1162833[/snapback]​

HEY JD,

sorry for the crappy pics. hard to take close ups without the blur.. wish I had a scanner or my new digi was at home.

anways, these are OLD pics from when I was in Jr High Scool (many moons ago). I was in 7th grade, and Jason was in 8th. We used to SK8 together.. Thrashers as we were known then. :p Tony Hawk and Powell was in full force.. haha.

So, JB designed pretty much the whole yr book.. notice the sketch on front.. HIM.
Large inner pics of him at each section.. I just added a few. He was into modeling even back then, so i think this was partial to that..

pics:
Front cover of yr book:
yrbook.jpg

sorry, this ones blurry.. JB's 8th grade photo.
yrbook1.jpg

Heres one of the main page spreads of him.. This is where he signed everyone yr book that yr- Got his own page. (guess you could call this one of my claims to fame or my Roswell autograph :) )
yrbook2.jpg

Heres anothe main page of him.. Starts the section to 8th grade.
JB is on the right side.. 2nd column down.. 5th one over. (Same close up pic I posted up top)

yrbook3.jpg

Enjoy. - If you want to see any others, LMK.. got all my high school yr books too.
Thanks WC for hosting..

Joe

Here's JB Senior yr. photo:
yrbook4.jpg

since I was going thru it, thought I'd add another claim to fame from my highschool.. Darby Hendrickson. Hometown hockey stud. Plays in the NHL.. and played for our MN Wild Team when they first got going a few yrs ago.

yrbook5.jpg

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your post with these pics..

J

Lol thas great thanks i think he was in the new king kong movie wasnt he?
it must be weird seeing someone you went to school acting at being an alien :)

Originally posted by TK171@Jan 20 2006, 06:26 AM
Here's JB Senior yr. photo:
yrbook4.jpg

since I was going thru it, thought I'd add another claim to fame from my highschool.. Darby Hendrickson. Hometown hockey stud. Plays in the NHL.. and played for our MN Wild Team when they first got going a few yrs ago.

yrbook5.jpg

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your post with these pics..

J
[snapback]1163468[/snapback]​

Yeah, it is pretty weird when you see people you knew/hung out with or even lost touch with- make it big. Its awesome to see though.

Another friend of mine from child hood works at the local radio station in town, I listen to their morning show every day on the way to work. (93x half ass morning show- for you MN folks reading) Funny part is, that they are always joking around and he likes to bring up childhood crap we did to get in trouble back in the day.. just brings back memories cause I was right there with him. :lol

He also went to school in Richfield, but went to a private school called Holy Angels. He graduated with Kelly Carlson.. if that rings a bell to you. She's an up and coming Hottie TV star. I think she's on the show Nip tuck? I don't watch it, but have seen her on tv being interviewed in the past, and was recently giving commentary on some show I just saw. *Guess she was also in Starship Troopers.*. Hes always talking about how he went to highschool with her on the radio... hehe. Gotta live vicariously (sp?) sometimes I guess.

We should have a OT topic about famous people that we know... I know theres alot of peeps on this board that know a lot of different people. Would be cool to see a list.

J

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back