Tumbler up and running new pic 12/12

same scale as the original. pretty big. As far as i can tell, quite accurate. I've used a couple of transparent overlays, and it all lines up exact, cept that the left air intake air foil need to come down about 1/2". easy fix. I had to take a picture that was exactly at the same distance and angle as another chosen pic of the original to do this, as this car is like a chameleon of sorts, it appears to look different depending on how close you are to it, and how much from the front, side you are standing.

Doody, did you check out the 1/6 scale toy version of the tumbler over at Hottoys.com.hk ? It's a really nice looking model and probably the closest the rest of will get to one of these bad boys! Has some detailed pics of the interior on there too, not sure how accurate but may be some help to you though.
Also, they do the Batpod, Dude this has to be your next project!! lol!

prog105.jpg

Wow :confused
Studio scale is one thing, but FULL scale is completely another.
I'll be anxiously waiting for more pics and some running vids of this project.

Very nice work. Makes me want to get the welder out.

I don't know. but there are so many other bizzare cars on the road if you look. cars that are so low to the ground, cars with no real visability. a Zepher for example.

hope to have afterburner w/ flames vid this week.

Two questions that are probably silly, but inquiring minds want to know:
1)Does it have a key to start it?
2)Does it have A/C and/or a heater? I'd think it would get hot in the suit inside there.

wow did you read the comments on the gizmodo/jalopnik pages? You could cure cancer and these internet K-feds would still attack you and cut you up.

Yeah, don't read the comments at those other sights.
The net is full of knuckleheads (I could use harsher words) who throw in their worthless two cents.
the fact of the matter is this- Doody built his own Tumbler, THAT is damn cool
Damn cool. The folks that matter know where it's at

that is just fantastic .

you've heard it all already. but that is great to see.

i looked around your site and was astonished at the other great peices you've made.

that jack bust is .... too real.

look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

My photobucket account has exceeded the alloted bandwidth. dunno what that means exactly. I think it has to do with the no. of hits. not sure. So all the pics I posted on this thread are replaced with their lovely message.

crazy stuff has been happening. have been getting hammered with press inquiries from all over the globe. have 2 major syndicated radio interviews to do tommorow. possilbe inside edition. Major magazine stuff.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back