Tsu's Armor Wip

Tsurabisu

Hey, everyone. It's been a while since I posted any progress pics of my build. I finally got some work done on my armor. Since I have several bios, I'm going to have several interchangeable armor sets. For this one, I'm going with leather Japanese armor. It will be adjustable so I can also wear it to MN Ren Fest.
Well, enough chit chat. On to the progress pics!
Here's the main parts cut out.

Photo0067.jpg

The back side of the armor

Photo0087-1.jpg

I laced the breastplate to test how everything's going together.

Photo0088.jpg

Everything I have done so far.

Photo0086.jpg

It's still really rough, but it's coming together pretty good. Next step is doing the punches on the back half and getting the sides attached.

Yep. It's leather all right. The cording I'm using for the final lacing is silk/nylon. What's in there right now is leather cord just to test how everything's going together.

So, it's been a while since I posted anything, so here's a progress pic. Sorry more isn't done. I have very little free time, so I only get to spend a few hours every couple weeks working on stuff.

Photo0336.jpg
As you can see, it's going pretty good. The design I've been going off is from
sambpl.jpg

I still have to attach the groin and thigh armor (Have them cut out and punched, but I haven't had time to attach them yet) as well as dye the leather. After, I plan on hardening it. The last part is going to be a little tricky, since a duct tape dummy won't support the weight of the wet leather... Still tryin ta figure that part out. Heh.
As always, feedback is always welcome!

Laters!
-Tsurabisu

Dude, how did I miss this thread? Looking awesome man, loving the samurai armour idea and even better that your incorporating it into a pred. Keep them updates coming bud, I will be watching this like a hawk lol

Here's a small update. Turns out I cut the leather wrong for the Kusazuri (The groin/upper leg armor), so I had to redo it. Here's the first of the new kusazuri cut and strung together. Keep in mind, all the leather will be dyed black before I'm finished, so the lacing will all be redone. This is just to test how it looks all put together.)
Photo0368.jpg

Photo0369.jpg

The edges still need to be touched up a bit, but over all, I like the look. As always, comments and ideas are more than welcome.

-Tsu

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back