Trying to restore a Legendery Arcade Game!

Emperor Chaos

I remember sometime ago that someone here was fixing up there Capcom AVP arcade machine, but I can’t remember who it was. Well anyways I was asking because I happen to get a Capcom Alien vs. Predator Arcade A and B CSP 2 boards for a birthday gift and yes they work.

But it is just the boards there is no cabinet or any of that stuff I can get the Arcade Marquee / Header from eBay as well as parts to build a cabinet up but that’s it as far as the artwork goes, I tried to look for all the artwork that Capcom has for this arcade machine but with no luck, it is a very rare game but I would of thought that it could be found.

I just need the characters fighting moves with their picture sticker that is at the bottom of the monitor and the monitor border art and left & Right side cabinet art. If whoever owns that Capcom AVP Arcade Machine and has these things could you please help me out and take a good picture of this artwork for me so that I can make me own stickers to put on the Cabinet? Any help with this would be much appreciated, I have wanted one of these ever since I played this game as a kid; I just want it to look complete.

update here is a pic of my AVP capcom game,
IMG_5275.jpg.gif

IMG_5275.jpg.gif

Thaden found one at a local laudromat not too long ago.

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...1&hl=arcade

I don't think those pics help, but I hope it's a lead.
It looks like the joystick background is from Streetfighter, If that is the original background then I can get that. one down and a few more to go.
Thank you! A few more pics to get and it will look like it did back in the old pizza and Arcade days. :D

Glad to help :D

I remembered it was in a landromat, I just couldn't remember where that was. I did a search for laundry and that came up with some interesting threads... then I got side tracked... then back on topic.

He may not live that far from it. So he may be able to get more pics. :D

Glad to help :D

I remembered it was in a landromat, I just couldn't remember where that was. I did a search for laundry and that came up with some interesting threads... then I got side tracked... then back on topic.

He may not live that far from it. So he may be able to get more pics. :D
I think anything will help, I just can't believe that Capcom has never posted up there artwork for this game. :D

They were on one of the Mame resource websites. On the euro AVP cabinet the border was black with those 3 files ive posted up being on the left right and the bottom of the border. I have pictures at home of the various cabinets and can pass them on to you, but I dont think I have the image files themselves but perhaps it may help you get them made up somehow? I also have the marque file and the flyer file if you want it to save you the cost of buying them?

They were on one of the Mame resource websites. On the euro AVP cabinet the border was black with those 3 files ive posted up being on the left right and the bottom of the border. I have pictures at home of the various cabinets and can pass them on to you, but I dont think I have the image files themselves but perhaps it may help you get them made up somehow? I also have the marque file and the flyer file if you want it to save you the cost of buying them?

Yes that sounds good my town has alot of places that can make all the stickers up for cheap they even will put them on for me so that I wont mess it up.

Yeah That would have been me. I restored mine not to long ago.

DSC05255.jpg.gif

DSC05247.jpg.gif

DSC05245.jpg.gif

Yeah!
So tell me about it.
Did you have to change the suicide battery out of your AVP?
Also where did you get the art from and do you have it so I can maybe get stickers made for my cabinet when I build one?

Like I said all I got is just the A & B CPS2 boards, I am new to having or attempting to fix one of these up I have never had my own arcade machine before. I have the manual but it doesn’t have everything explain like on the side were the Q-sound audio out and JAMMA connector is there is a counter meter what is that for?
But really any info on how to get this up and running again will be helpful.

DSC05255.jpg.gif

DSC05247.jpg.gif

DSC05245.jpg.gif

Yeah!
So tell me about it.
Did you have to change the suicide battery out of your AVP?
Also where did the border art came from and do you have it so I cold maybe get a sticker made for my cabinet?

The battery I still need to get done. There is a guy here in Virginia where I live that done suicide battery mods.
As for the Artwork border I made it.

I do the frame bezels for my friend that sells arcades or sell custom on the side.
I would just need the measurements.

The battery I still need to get done. There is a guy here in Virginia where I live that done suicide battery mods.
As for the Artwork border I made it. I'm a graphic designer and I work at a printing company. So I printed out to size and mount it.

I do the frame bezels for my friend that sells arcades or sell custom on the side.
I would just need the measurements.
I found this place online that has a nice way to fix that battery problem they call it "Keystone Battery Retainer Project"
http://www.jammaparts.com/keystonemod.htm

Did you make the cabinet or were you able to buy it with the game in it?
I like the three player cabinet. I will still have to find construction planes so I can build it.
I have seen capcom arcade cabinets for sell on eBay but there all on the east coast and I’m on the west coast and they almost always will never ship it out. So I have to build one I’ve been looking for plans online and found a few for the two players but not three.
This should be a nice summer project.

I found this place online that has a nice way to fix that battery problem they call it "Keystone Battery Retainer Project"
http://www.jammaparts.com/keystonemod.htm

Did you make the cabinet or were you able to buy it with the game in it?
I like the three player cabinet. I will still have to find construction planes so I can build it.
I have seen capcom arcade cabinets for sell on eBay but there all on the east coast and I’m on the west coast and they almost always will never ship it out. So I have to build one I’ve been looking for plans online and found a few for the two players but not three.
This should be a nice summer project.

I bought mine from a guy on eBay about 5-7 ago. I replaced all control buttons and joysticks. Pretty just cleaned the hell out of it. I knew going into it I wanted the 3-player setup. Mostly I came across were just 2 player. I was like you looking for all the artwork ... but at that time not many people had them. So once I gathered all the images over the years, I started restoring it. I redid the artwork to where it looks new and fresh off the press. The bezels I noticed were very cheaply made so I made my own. (Much better product) The Character control artwork I redid ... The old one was still good but great liter in color and faded. New Plexiglass on the controller area. I just took my time in doing this. One of favorite games. Still play it ... and never gets old.

As for the battery mod you might want to look into the Phoenix board mod. That's what most people are ending up doing. Runs without the battery.

I'm in the process right now working on a X-Men Vs Street Fighter Bezel for some guy.

I redid all the artwork that went on it. Here's a sample of one.
Before:

After:

My Bezel

Original Bezel (This was what mine looked like when I bought)

My side art

AVP Flyer (The flyer artwork was also the Original Cabinet Side Art)

AVP Flyer

Different Versions of the AVP Cabinet ... Full Size Marquee art work (I have a uncut Marquee Brand New from Capcom that I might sell)

Here's Mine Before & After Images

Before

After

I'm in the process right now working on a X-Men Vs Street Fighter Bezel for some guy.
XMEN_bezel.jpg

XMEN_bezel.jpg

I bought mine from a guy on eBay about 5-7 ago. I replaced all control buttons and joysticks. Pretty just cleaned the hell out of it. I knew going into it I wanted the 3-player setup. Mostly I came across were just 2 player. I was like you looking for all the artwork ... but at that time not many people had them. So once I gathered all the images over the years, I started restoring it. I redid the artwork to where it looks new and fresh off the press. The bezels I noticed were very cheaply made so I made my own. (Much better product) The Character control artwork I redid ... The old one was still good but great liter in color and faded. New Plexiglass on the controller area. I just took my time in doing this. One of favorite games. Still play it ... and never gets old.

As for the battery mod you might want to look into the Phoenix board mod. That's what most people are ending up doing. Runs without the battery.

Why is it so dame hard to find the artwork for this game?! I have most of it, but there are a few that I can never find.
instruction_avp_arcadesmall2-1-1.jpg
or
AVP_flyers.jpg

I have heard that Phoenix CPS2 boards lose value if you every have to sell it in the future, because it’s a bootleg Rom that is running. Most people turn to Phoenix boards because there CPS2 had die. In that case that’s the best time to phoenix because it’s not worth much anymore. But that’s what I read so far.
My CPS2 is in working condition so I don’t want to Phoenix it; it still has all the Capcom security stickers and bolts on it. So it still has its collector value. I just want to keep it as original as I can just in case I need to sell it. If you know you’re never going to sell it and you are tired of changing the battery every 6 years or your CPS2 has committed suicide then Phoenix is a good Idea
I'm going to call Capcom up and see if they still change the battery for you, and if not then I think that the keystone battery idea is a better idea as I can't find anybody that phoenix's around the west coast.
And I don’t really want to Phoenix my board.

Let me know if you plan to sell that uncut Marquee,

Thanks S.E.C

AVP_flyers.jpg

Why is it so dame hard to find the artwork for this game?! I have most of it, but there are a few that I can never find.
or
AVP_flyers.jpg

I have heard that Phoenix CPS2 boards lose value if you every have to sell it in the future, because it’s a bootleg Rom that is running. Most people turn to Phoenix boards because there CPS2 had die. In that case that’s the best time to phoenix because it’s not worth much anymore. But that’s what I read so far.
My CPS2 is in working condition so I don’t want to Phoenix it; it still has all the Capcom security stickers and bolts on it. So it still has its collector value. I just want to keep it as original as I can just in case I need to sell it. If you know you’re never going to sell it and you are tired of changing the battery every 6 years or your CPS2 has committed suicide then Phoenix is a good Idea
I'm going to call Capcom up and see if they still change the battery for you, and if not then I think that the keystone battery idea is a better idea as I can't find anybody that phoenix's around the west coast.
And I don’t really want to Phoenix my board.

Let me know if you plan to sell that uncut Marquee,

Thanks S.E.C

I found alot of the artwork on old site back in the day. Now they're no longer. Yes its very hard to find. I have about 95% of the US version and Japanese version artwork. But I did some major digging to get them. As I'm pretty sure you're finding out how hard.

When the boards were offered they can with this one.

As for the other it was in some Gaming Mag.

Hold on to that Game ..... Trust me its getting harder to get these days.
Some guy saw my AVP System pics while back ... He offered $1500. Said Nope! Sorry not for sale. I checked EBAY afterwards and saw one going for 1k but in really bad shape. The boards alone will go for about $150 - $300 depending on what version and what comes with.

AVP_flyers.jpg

I found alot of the artwork on old site back in the day. Now they're no longer. Yes its very hard to find. I have about 95% of the US version and Japanese version artwork. But I did some major digging to get them. As I'm pretty sure you're finding out how hard.

When the boards were offered they can with this one.

As for the other it was in some Gaming Mag.

Hold on to that Game ..... Trust me its getting harder to get these days.
Some guy saw my AVP System pics while back ... He offered $1500. Said Nope! Sorry not for sale. I checked EBAY afterwards and saw one going for 1k but in really bad shape. The boards alone will go for about $150 - $300 depending on what version and what comes with.

I found out that this game is ranked 16th out of a 100 in rare games with 100 being common.
Yeah I don't plan to sell my AVP game as I have been looking to get one since I was a kid, it’s my Ferrari! :p
I have the USA version with manual.

OK! I found this great archive of arcade flyers I'll post the link up for anyone in the future that may need it. http://www.arcadeflyers.com/
They had that Gaming Mag pic in there too it's from the EU version of the game. ;)

Edit: It looks like this game is ranked 5 out of a 100 in rare games now.

5 out of 100 rare games! NICE!

Well I know I won't be selling mine. Great game. Never seems to get old.

I may redo the bezel on it. May try a colored version on it.

The side art I'm holding off until later next year. In no rush for it.

Hi Supreme Emperor Chaos

Glad you scored an Alien Vs Predator Capcom board. Its still my favourite AVP game to date!!!!

I have enclosed pictures of the instruction decals I have for the Euro version of the game.
Also added 2 posters for this great and understated side scrolling game. Onre is the original Japanese poster of the arcade release, while the other is a website's creation.

I do have 2 headers for the game, One is the full original version while the other is a smaller original version.
If you still need a header I can sell the smaller one :)

If you need better pictures of the Japanese flyer for this game I can provide them for you too

Grats again on getting this great game

Pete

dsc02102nx.th.jpg.png
dsc02101x.th.jpg.png
dsc02099z.th.jpg.png

dsc02102nx.th.jpg.png

dsc02101x.th.jpg.png

dsc02099z.th.jpg.png

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back