Trying to Replicate a pair of Sun Glasses

SETFREE

So I know this might be a weird question but I am trying to replicate a pair of sunglasses, they are vintage looking "oakley" looking glasses made of abs plastic, no metal involved, the arms and frame and lenses snap in...........how could I get these replicated? they are for a costumes

the pictures I posted of the Glasses are the ones I own, I need about 20 made if the EXACT mold and everything, any idea in how I can do this? Or get this done by somebody

For the time and money in materials involved, unless these are for a project where they need to be dead nuts on, go with the safety glasses and paint them. You can modify the existing lens as well. Why spend hundreds when you can get by for tens.

If you are concerned about them not matching the pair you have, get a replacement pair for yourself too. Then they will all look the same.

Check out shooting glasses. They don't require the same protection as safety glasses and have a very similar style. You might get away with just trimming the lenses.

For the time and money in materials involved, unless these are for a project where they need to be dead nuts on, go with the safety glasses and paint them. You can modify the existing lens as well. Why spend hundreds when you can get by for tens.

Smart, very smart.

What is the Make, Model (other info) of the glasses pictures you posted?

then your only option outside of securing more of the real deal, is molding and casting of the three main frame sections, the nose piece and then cutting each lens to fit out of sheet acrylic or tinted clear plastic. Even with a high impact plastic you would have issues with the main frame and the two sides holding together without any help under general stress upon use.

Again, just not too sure its worth the time and money when a readily available "close enough" off the shelf version is readily available. Those ebay safety glasses with a reshaped lens and painted frame would sell visually.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back