Trying to recreate the sugar bowl (A Series of Unfortunate Events)

Culoph

Hello everyone! I've never made a replica before, but I'd like to try and recreate the famed sugar bowl from the Netflix adaptation of A Series of Unfortunate Events. Yeah, I know, that's pretty ambitious for a first venture... Anyhoo, I'd like to know how experience propmakers like you guys would approach the situation.

So, here's the thing:
latest?cb=20180405122153.jpg

I've read in the tie-in book The Incomplete History of Secret Organizations: An Utterly Unreliable Account of Netflix's A Series of Unfortunate Events that the series' propmakers bought a set of identical sugar bowls and painted them. So I guess the exact model I'm looking for exists somewhere... but I don't see how I could manage to find it.

Cheerio!

Last edited:
Hello! I know this is quite a bit later after your original posting, but I have the link to the unpainted porcelain sugar bowl that the prop creators for the show used! Let me know if you would like the link, but given how long ago you posted this, you may have already found it.

Hello! I know this is quite a bit later after your original posting, but I have the link to the unpainted porcelain sugar bowl that the prop creators for the show used! Let me know if you would like the link, but given how long ago you posted this, you may have already found it.
Hey if you’re still out there I would love the link!!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back