Trying to perfect the Agents of SHIELD Icer (V2)

Dakota

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I recently (finally) acquired a WE Tech Baby Hi Capa airsoft gun that is the same one used to represent the second iteration of the ICER from the end of Season 1 onward.

Naturally, I want to get it as close to screen accurate as I can and that includes altering the slide a bit, and getting custom grip emblems made.

I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on a go to person that could CNC out the rear of the slide to get it to match the hero prop?

Out of the box:
icer1.jpg

What I hope to do:
icer2.jpg

Screencaps:
icer3.jpgicer4.jpg

Also looking for something to approximate their extended barrel. I'm guessing I'll just end up getting a peice of pipe with threads that match the inner barrel to screw it in and cutting it down to size.

I recently (finally) acquired a WE Tech Baby Hi Capa airsoft gun that is the same one used to represent the second iteration of the ICER from the end of Season 1 onward.

Naturally, I want to get it as close to screen accurate as I can and that includes altering the slide a bit, and getting custom grip emblems made.

I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on a go to person that could CNC out the rear of the slide to get it to match the hero prop?

Out of the box:
View attachment 842365

What I hope to do:
View attachment 842366

Screencaps:
View attachment 842367View attachment 842368

Also looking for something to approximate their extended barrel. I'm guessing I'll just end up getting a peice of pipe with threads that match the inner barrel to screw it in and cutting it down to size.

I prefer the unique nature of the season 1 ICER, but I do appreciate the 2nd version.
I would be happy to help model the SHIELD emblem badge for the handle grip if you could give me a mm measurement of the diameter of the existing disc.

I prefer the unique nature of the season 1 ICER, but I do appreciate the 2nd version.
I would be happy to help model the SHIELD emblem badge for the handle grip if you could give me a mm measurement of the diameter of the existing disc.

I hear ya, I'm hoping to add one of the original ICERs into my collection as well, I'm just picky and want it be as close to the real thing and haven't found a model I really like for printing (or stepped up and hired a 3D artist) just yet. I did happen to stumble upon the original 3D concept art for it so I feel like I have the right amount of reference at least!

But anyhow, I'd love some help with the disc. I've spent plenty of hours browsing various laser cutter sites pondering how to do it. The challenge its that it's just so small: 14.18mm in diameter and 0.5mm thick.

I hear ya, I'm hoping to add one of the original ICERs into my collection as well, I'm just picky and want it be as close to the real thing and haven't found a model I really like for printing (or stepped up and hired a 3D artist) just yet. I did happen to stumble upon the original 3D concept art for it so I feel like I have the right amount of reference at least!

But anyhow, I'd love some help with the disc. I've spent plenty of hours browsing various laser cutter sites pondering how to do it. The challenge its that it's just so small: 14.18mm in diameter and 0.5mm thick.

Lasercutting would be a nice option, I do prefer laser cutting to 3D printing to save all the prep. work that is a necessary evil with prints.

Having said that, if you use Shapeways Smooth Fine Detail plastic, it gives an excellent clean print with virtually no surface preparation, beyond the usual priming and 1000 grade sandpaper sanding.
For the SHIELD emblem, this method would be great.
I can model the part and send you the STL file that you can then 3D print in Shapeways Smooth or Smoothest resin, paint and glue into place.

Lasercutting would be a nice option, I do prefer laser cutting to 3D printing to save all the prep. work that is a necessary evil with prints.

Having said that, if you use Shapeways Smooth Fine Detail plastic, it gives an excellent clean print with virtually no surface preparation, beyond the usual priming and 1000 grade sandpaper sanding.
For the SHIELD emblem, this method would be great.
I can model the part and send you the STL file that you can then 3D print in Shapeways Smooth or Smoothest resin, paint and glue into place.

I would very much appreciate at that! I'll shoot you a PM.

hello guys ! ido that many years ago i don't know if that can help you

Attachments

• 55541920_2431030246929593_4515185645248839680_n.jpg
    55541920_2431030246929593_4515185645248839680_n.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 270
I was able to easily extend the Barrel by buying an extender tip (silver) from the same airsoft store in Monterey park CA

I also think that's the store where ABC/Marvel buys most of the airsoft guns that are shown on this tv show

Evike.com - The Ultimate Airsoft Retailer & Distributor - Airsoft Guns, Rifles, Parts & Accessories, Tactical Gear - Airsoft Superstore

The challenge that I haven't been able to figure out is the slide -- I think they switched the slide from a different pistol but can't figure it out ... I have asked all of the employees at evike.com and they can't figure it out either

Hope this helps

Out of the box:
View attachment 842365

What I hope to do:
View attachment 842366

Screencaps:
View attachment 842367View attachment 842368

I had actually done the same for the thread protector/barrel extender. They didn't have one that was quite right in stock at the time, I could probably also just use some pipe cut to size with threads added for fairly cheap as well down the road if need be.

renaissance_man hooked me up with a perfect fitting emblem I had made in silver. I tried it first in plastic, then bronze, now I have 2 more silver ones on the way.

IMG_20190320_054237.jpg

I've also been in talks with a few metal shops/gun smiths who believe they can either file down the slide to remove the serrations or fill them in with a metal filler and cut in the markings seen on the show.

It looks like they may just use CGI for this on the show from this image.
http://www.imfdb.org/images/0/09/MAOSS5E07_00.jpg

I had actually done the same for the thread protector/barrel extender. They didn't have one that was quite right in stock at the time, I could probably also just use some pipe cut to size with threads added for fairly cheap as well down the road if need be.

renaissance_man hooked me up with a perfect fitting emblem I had made in silver. I tried it first in plastic, then bronze, now I have 2 more silver ones on the way.

View attachment 1001761

I've also been in talks with a few metal shops/gun smiths who believe they can either file down the slide to remove the serrations or fill them in with a metal filler and cut in the markings seen on the show.

It looks like they may just use CGI for this on the show from this image.
http://www.imfdb.org/images/0/09/MAOSS5E07_00.jpg
Did u see last week's auction of the screen used ICER pistol.... the auction was by Propstore UK.. look at lot 52

It looks like the blue slits/indicators were just vinyl decals applied...

Did u see last week's auction of the screen used ICER pistol.... the auction was by Propstore UK.. look at lot 52

It looks like the blue slits/indicators were just vinyl decals applied...
As the listing says this is a Stunt S.H.I.E.L.D. I.C.E.R used for stunt scenes not the Hero version that would be used for closer shots.
The Hero ICER slide was probley custom made by the prop department. Milling the slots would have been a easy job for them.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back