trustworthy and affordable engraving companies?

Wes R

Legendary Member
I was thinking of doing a Resident Evil display and getting the Stars logo put onto a couple of knives but I wanted to see if anyone on here could suggest a company. There is an acid etching machine in our knife making catalog but 120.00 for a machine that i may use every once i a while seemed a bit high.

Electro etch the bad boy yourself :)
I'm serious, a battery, cue tip, and salt water and your golden. Practice on an old knife first and wrap what you want to etch with duct tape. Since its just the umbrella logo, it should be a real easy stencil to cut out of the duct tape. Connect the positive end of the battery to the knife and the negative end to the cue tip with alligator clips. Dip the cue tip in the salt water solution and "paint" over the stencil. Don't leave it in one place, keep it moving in a circular motion or else you risk etching too deep in some spots. That's all there is to it! Just be sure to practice practice! It's a skill you can learn in an afternoon.

:cool

Here was my second attempt with said technique. If you take your time, I'm sure you'll get some awesome results.

finally-something-rpf-cant-do-knife-squirrel.jpg-77292d1323589757

Electro etch the bad boy yourself :)
I'm serious, a battery, cue tip, and salt water and your golden. Practice on an old knife first and wrap what you want to etch with duct tape. Since its just the umbrella logo, it should be a real easy stencil to cut out of the duct tape. Connect the positive end of the battery to the knife and the negative end to the cue tip with alligator clips. Dip the cue tip in the salt water solution and "paint" over the stencil. Don't leave it in one place, keep it moving in a circular motion or else you risk etching too deep in some spots. That's all there is to it! Just be sure to practice practice! It's a skill you can learn in an afternoon.

This sounds like something I could use on some of my future projects too. Can you tell me what kind of battery you use. Thanks.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back