Truly Inspirational Stuff.....Martin Bower

I've emailed Martin back and forth. He is a great guy and willing to share info. I love his work on Flash Gordon.

A true master. All of my childhood memories of my favorite shows from the 60's and 70's have his trademark on them, and is in part, the reason why I still make models to this day.

Fantastic video, thanks for posting. :thumbsup

I have all his model making videos ( yes videos) brilliant , I asked him recently would be release them as DVD , but no plans at the moment

Very cool. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen an episode of Space 1999. I remember it, but it must have been on CBS or NBC. I only had ABC growing up. I missed so much!

Very cool. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen an episode of Space 1999. I remember it, but it must have been on CBS or NBC. I only had ABC growing up. I missed so much!

A lot are on YouTube,......heres a guy who has most of them uploaded.......avoid series 2,....they tried to inject humour into the show,....Hmmm

This is a stand-out episode,....scared the c*ap out of me .....well in '75 I was seven

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRxs3GLXhzz49QS12j1nbmQ

J

Last edited by a moderator:
Just about to go to bed and I find this thing,. Wow,. truly amazing. I'll have to watch the rest tomorrow when I am actually awake.

Vacformedhero Id buy those dvd's in an instant,. or bluerays? propably not shot on anything that can go hd,..

Cheers for this Jaitea

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm embarrassed to Admit I've never seen Space 1999 but his work looks amazing, makes me want to watch the series. He has a really beautiful building style.

Thanks for the link!

Watched both the Martin Bower piece and Dragon's Domain on the 'big screen' last night.

Gotta love Helena's electric typewriter, very 1999.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back