Tron Legacy: Rinzler Build

Super8

This is a new thread where I will be using simple 3 dimensional computer techniques to make a helmet and possibly a full costume for the character Rinzler/Tron in Tron Legacy.

This is where I am at the end of loooong day #1.

The files have been created for the torso as well which took hours on end, but the helmet is the man focus for now. You can see that the model is very detailed with many different vertexes, which I might have to smooth out in the process of making this.

So at the end of a long day one I realized that the 3d file I made of Rinzler had the details of the special ops men that appear in the club fight scene, which are sent by Clu. I will see if I can complete the helmet of Rinzler and this spec ops soldier will be a definate must-do project in the near future. Sorry for the mishappen.

The pictures of the men I talk about are below.

Hey guys just finished the unfold!!! This is the first pep file I ever mad from scratch so bear with me :lol More to come guys, I'll start the making of it tomorrow :)

Woo! The second Rinzler build out there! I congratulate you!
I started working on a rinzler build myself... Never really got pass the prototype stage.. :unsure

I'd definitively want to see your build come to life! :)

Okay the pep file will be releasing on Thursday, because that's my birthday, so figured I would give you guys a present for all the motivation you've given me. Pictures will be posted soon, possibly later today

Last edited:
Okay the pep file will be releasing on Thursday, because that's my birthday, so figured I would give you guys a present for all the motivation you've given me. Pictures will be posted soon, possibly later today

Would you consider making kits available to us? :)

Hey guys while I'm working on this helmet figured I would give you a sneak peek of something else to get a little bit more hype going for this project. In total the helmet and this took 6 hours to make and unfold to perfection. All that is left for you is to scale and adjust. This will be much harder though, I warn you.

There are some more things I need to reconnect to make the unfold easier but this file will be avaliable to everyone very soon.

Again the release dates are:
Free HD Rinzler Helm by Super8: April 5th
Free HD Rinzler Torso by Super8: To Be Announced

Hey guys just a little heads up that this project might be taking a little longer because I'm also working on my Clu helmet and making Halo files for 405th as well. Updates will still be on their way.

I'll try my best but that might take a while because it's so detailed, but I'll still give it a shot definately.

Heyoooooooo. Super8 here and this is just a reminder that the pep file for the Rinzler helmet will be available tomorrow. I will be releasing the pepakura file that is not unfolded in a short while. I will keep you guys posted on my Rinzler helmet build off of this file, but I will be finishing up my Clu Helmet this week so feel free to post your updates too :D! See you on the Grid Users!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back