tripmine?

MikaPred2

I DL'd the files offered and began working on the one listed as "Tripmine" Its like a huge (platter-sized) field mine. Just waiting on my order of epoxy resin to get in so I can harden the paper. I'll take a few pics and add them soon.
Just have a question. Should I use the craft stick method to make sure it doesn't buckle or warp? Or does anyone have suggestions for an alternate procedure?

Two coats of resin in and its firming up nicely. Just wish the weather would be more cooperative. Once everything cures and hardens I'll put in a pic or two.

Thanks to the combination of spray foam and some rain as it was curing, it buckled and warped in places. The top rim is ready to be attached but I wanted to flatten the rim out first then fix the bad spots.
IMGP1394.JPG IMGP1395.JPG

And here a couple shots of the same thing done via 3D Printer in two smaller sizes (diameter). The epoxy'd is 37.465 cm. The smallest(9.6 cm) will go on my belt after sealing and painting. the other(14.6 cm) I'm going to do some major work on after molding and casting to make something unique to add to my equipment kit.
IMGP1396.JPG IMGP1397.JPG

IMGP1394.JPG

IMGP1395.JPG

IMGP1396.JPG

IMGP1397.JPG

Last edited:
for the 3d Printings, I played around with the numbers by uniformly adjusting the scale in the Slic3r program.
The largest is unaltered from the pepakura file.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back