Trio of Live Fire Han Solo ANHs

scottjua

Master Member
These have been what I've been working on the past month or two non stop.

I had some real issues with these guns in particular, as it seemed each one needed replacement parts and special attention. There was a LOT of work to get them to function correctly and these were easily the hardest ones I've done so far, aside from my original first one.

One just needed some new parts as the originals were worn to death, and that one functioned the best when those parts were replaced.

One of them had been rebarreled and re chambered, and needed a total day's worth of careful filing, and metal work. It was as if the person who did the re-bore didn't bother to test if afterwards, as the chamber had sharp edges and the rounds wouldn't feed. there was some solder built up around the edges of the new chamber and the original steel and it was nasty. I had to re profile the feed ramp and chamber completely, and polish the entire feed and chamber. OMG it was a pain.

The final one's bolt looked as if the bottom locking lug catches had been used as a hammer. It would not smoothly let the bolt feed, and got caught on tow long burrs every single time. The bolt is hardened and even with super sharp carbide end mills is was slow going. A high grade file would NOT work. Only carbide... It also was a wartime commercial and the machining on those from the factory was pretty rough. There was a 100 year old burr inside the bolt guide groove and that needed filing down and reshaping too.

I polished all of the guide surfaces for the bolts on all of them too.

After MANY rounds and range trips I finally got them reliable. Thankfully...

That said, they're done.

A20161004-192259.jpg

A20161004-191329.jpg

A20161004-191337.jpg

A20161004-191451.jpg

A20161004-191611.jpg

A20161004-191644.jpg

A20161004-191806.jpg

A20161004-192005.jpg

A20161004-192020.jpg

A20161004-192042.jpg

Are they all the same variants....just different builds? Not up to date with Hans side blaster from ANH to TFA.

But you have some skills in the fabrication and photography department thats for sure.

Me...I have a live fire, full metal Pulse Rifle. So I get it. Lots of trial and error. Then repeat. hahah. But in the end, its worth it.

I had the same problem with my reline and rechamber. It was almost like they forgot to finish the job! The rounds would hang up on raw, nasty, raggedy metal. It took me a while to get it right too.I would have thought that should be part of the job. Beautiful work yet again! I cant wait to get mine done!!!

All the same exact version, but the base guns are a little different. Only one is the correct wartime commercial. The other two are Pre-war guns. There are Two real scopes and one DEC replica.

Are they all the same variants....just different builds? Not up to date with Hans side blaster from ANH to TFA.

But you have some skills in the fabrication and photography department thats for sure.

Me...I have a live fire, full metal Pulse Rifle. So I get it. Lots of trial and error. Then repeat. hahah. But in the end, its worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

I had the same problem with my reline and rechamber. It was almost like they forgot to finish the job! The rounds would hang up on raw, nasty, raggedy metal. It took me a while to get it right too.I would have thought that should be part of the job. Beautiful work yet again! I cant wait to get mine done!!!

Yeah I was astounded at the lack of craftsmanship...it was pretty bad. I have to make tools just to polish that chamber... what a pain.

Thanks guys.

Yeah the tomtit parts i basically look at reference and figured out which ribs to cut and how they're oriented. Super glue and then dremel to shape.

Superb work as always Scott! One of these days I'll probably be knocking on your door... though probably for a non-live fire version. Because a) I'd never get it across the border and b) the wife would probably divorce me if we had an actual gun in the house...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back