Trimming a latex seam. A HUNTORIAL

MasterAnubis

Sr Member
All right, I don't think I saw anything as specific as this so I'm making this to help others out. I'm new to latex but I have this little experience I wanted to share.

To start, there is a seam like many found on latex products. This one goes all around the foot.
Flashing1.jpg

This is the 1" felt polishing wheel I used, part number 429. I used no polishing compound and a brand new wheel and set the Dremel to the lowest setting.
Flashing2.jpg

I kept the wheel perpendicular to the seam for most of it. The important part was to keep the polishing wheel parallel with the detail of the location.
I kept a light touch and kept the wheel moving. I held the foot so that my fingers where right behind the seam to support.
There should not be any heat build up. If there is then your being too aggressive. Stay light and you'll avoid making a hole.
Flashing3.jpg

This is after finishing the section.
Flashing4.jpg

Note: these are the same video. For instructional purposes only I didn't have a dust mask on during the video. WEAR A MASK. The latex dust will get everywhere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnq2gGlCnVs
th_Seamingthefoot.jpg

I think this is really cool of you Shawn at least now I know what to do with any of my latex parts when I either buy or make mine.
Kudos to you dude :rolleyes:

I'm going to bump this little Gem as it definitely is going to help me and answered a question I had earlier today.

many thanks !

P.S. thought the newer members might like this as well.

Never mind the newer members...I hadn't seen this one! Was wondering what the best way of handling this was going to be :)

Gem?! Thanks!
MEANGENE83 did a great series of huntorials that included triming latex flashing too. He goes into a bit more detail with some other techniques that my humble attempt doesn't convey.

It's hard to believe I did this two years ago! Wow!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back