Trigun Revolver - TV/Manga/Movie Versions [UPDATED 06 Sept 2019]

Sandman0077

Sr Member
EDIT:
This thread will now be a merge of all three versions of Vash's revolver. I don't see any reason to make three different threads.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Took nearly a year off of 3D modeling props and I'm just getting back into it. Starting with Vash's revolver from the Badland's Rumble movie. Similar to the manga version, but different. Modeling in Rhino.

Now that I have a 3d printer, I can actually model this with functioning mechanics that can be printed and tested/redesigned on the fly. I plan on making it eject shell casings, have a working double action trigger and hammer, with spinning cylinder.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 294
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 257
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
I've been working on the trigger and hammer mechanics. I really want to start using Fusion 360 to model things like this because you can animate the parts workings together and see what needs to be changed. My only option with Rhino is to just 3d print the pieces and edit from that.

Attachments

• 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 301
I've always loved this gun, looks like you're doing it justice!
I'm doing my best haha. The great thing about figuring out the lower receiver and parts will be that I can then model the other two versions and use the same design for the moving parts.

Printed and tested the internal parts. Right off the bat I realized that the channels I made for springs are too small, so I'll need to widen those out.

Mechanically, everything seems to work. I need to start sourcing these tiny springs.

If I ever cast these and sell them, it will probably be one at a time. There's just too many small parts for this to work right.
20190819_233643.jpg

Took a break for the internal mechanics and started working on the TV show version. I WILL be modeling the Angel Arm section of the front receiver, when I get to that point.

Also, I'm looking into getting an SLA printer for the internals and lettering portions (for this and other projects). My FDM printer is good, but not THAT good lol.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 160
Finished the majority of the front receiver, minus the engravings. There are so many changes they made for the TV version. Different hammer, front and rear sights, breech and breech latch.. the list goes on!

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Got a pretty good start on the Angel Arm internal section. Thanks to MrGreene for sharing his build (before his thread went dead :(). I used his concept with various screenshots from the show. They draw it 3 or 4 different ways throughout the series, so I've tried to blend the designs together.

05.jpg

Redid some of my previous work on the Angel Arm section. Finally got it to a point that I am happy with to print. Lots of blending of elements from the different screencaps and such. As far as printing goes, I will be SLA printing these parts for the detail, but will model in areas where they can lock into the FDM portions i.e. no guesswork for positioning. Still need to go back and remodel the lower receiver a bit.

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Last edited:
Worked some more on the exterior of the TV version. Finished the breech lock and modeled up Knives' cylinder variant. I'm running out of exterior areas to finish, which means I will soon have to return to the interior mechanics, which is fine besides having to hollow out the lower receiver.

09.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back