Trick or Treat 2019 Catalogue

sztriki

Sr Member
So this landed on TOTS's facebook page this morning:

Dropbox - 2019-catalog-download.pdf

Finally a photo of the upcoming 1978 Myers mask. Have to say I really like it, but I'm far from being an expert. This one captures the original much better than the Elrod (psycho) for me. Been waiting for an affordable H1 for a while, I think I'd be happy with this one.
The part 4 and 5 masks I don't have much love for, but the 4 looks pretty good to what the movie one looks like. Part 5 looks really odd even compared to how the movie one looked.
Plus there's loads of new stuff that I'm personally not particularly interested, but could be really good noews for others.
Any thoughts?

Is there going to be a new gizmo?
There seems to be a few new Gremlins items
Untitled-1.jpg

What happened? I know there was a massive screw-up with the H2018 mask and the preorders but haven’t heard of the Gremlins issue.

Well, the dolls that people received were not like advertised, and they looked fairly off from their promotion pictures

The H1 and H4 look great! I hear the H5 may be derived from one of the screen used masks. I know the H4 was supposed to be 3D scanned from a fan owned screen used, but it looks like here that TOTS retooled it from their Elrod mask. I think the H5 looks odd without the nose appliance, but I wonder if Trick or Treat Studios will offer a later edition with it.

I think the H5 looks odd without the nose appliance, but I wonder if Trick or Treat Studios will offer a later edition with it.

The H5 had it’s nose resculpted to replicate the appliance. It’s hard to tell, but look closely at the distance from the end of the nose to the mouth. What it doesn’t have that is throwing people off, I think, is the mouth appliance. Which most don’t even know the H5 mask had.

Here is the SSN Master out of KNB’s Original mold with the appliance, and a finished H5 Production pull.

2F7466BD-CF47-419F-A145-1C0E8B02E5F3.jpeg 37673A29-F61B-4E86-BFDA-3AD00C6E4697.jpeg 9C11B6D7-54C9-4D7D-93E9-FB5D4482110E.jpeg

Here is a movie mold 5 without the nose and mouth appliance. Pretty big difference!

126FBCC5-2973-4DB0-9E76-A31E2F375869.jpeg

Looks like the H5 just needs a simple reshaping of the mouth. Easy enough to either pop a quick mold and sculpt the appliance, or build it right on the mask. If you want to go crazy with the nose appliance some propatch (prosaide and cabosil) could be used to sculpt a faux blending edge. Overall super thrilled with the H1 and H5. Picking them up as well as a few of the other cool items coming out this year.

Last edited:
You learn something new every day, I didn’t know there was a mouth bit either. Looking at the pic without the appliance, the original looks a lot like KNB’s take on the H20 mask.

Yep, that’s what we need, people complaining about the prop accuracy of $60 masks. Buy independent!

This is my 2018 with minimal paint modification.

But 2019 is exciting. Definitely getting pennywise and both sets of teeth. 78 Myers, 78 jack o lantern, Judith tombstone, necronomicon and dagger, and the h3 final processing sign.

Attachments

• C14BCCF0-011A-47E7-B9A6-B1927DE56F79.jpeg
    C14BCCF0-011A-47E7-B9A6-B1927DE56F79.jpeg
    424.7 KB · Views: 253
Yep, that’s what we need, people complaining about the prop accuracy of $60 masks. Buy independent!

Who’s complaining about prop accuracy? If that’s a reference to me, I was just pointing out something most people don’t know. I also said it would be a very easy fix.....

Who’s complaining about prop accuracy? If that’s a reference to me, I was just pointing out something most people don’t know. I also said it would be a very easy fix.....
Oh, no I wasn't talking about you. Just in general people got bent out of shape about the 2018 masks.

Oh, no I wasn't talking about you. Just in general people got bent out of shape about the 2018 masks.

Ok cool, just didn’t want any confusion.
It’s insane... we get a new Mabry sculpt and a KNB lineage 5, for $60 each! Not to mention all the other products, Halloween and other.

I’m not sure if you’re on the Facebook group, but if you are I’m sure you’ve seen how ungrateful folks are! I remember being a kid, scraping together all the money I could to buy myself a Don Post Myers mask. These days? Movie mold masks... for $60? They don’t know how good they’ve got it!

I'm interested in these new knives. They look decidedly different from the usual stock foam ones. I've heard Tim Miller of DirtKnap FX's name being thrown around as possibly helping with these new ones. Maybe deluxe aluminium knives???
3DX9cu1.png

tmyEpxC.png

wow,they sell some freaky gear there.the staff must have some strange dreams when they go to sleep.:)

I'm interested in these new knives. They look decidedly different from the usual stock foam ones. I've heard Tim Miller of DirtKnap FX's name being thrown around as possibly helping with these new ones. Maybe deluxe aluminium knives???
View attachment 979728
I read on the Myers forum that apparently these are aluminium ones although some speculate that it’s only for the catalogue photo and the actual one won’t be aluminium.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back