Tribes: Ascend Helmets (lots of progress pictures)

Re: Global Agenda/Tribes Ascend Helmets (Pictures/W.I.P./1st Build)

Any word on being allowed to share the pep file? Very nice work so far BTW...

Any word on being allowed to share the pep file? Very nice work so far BTW...

Yes. I asked on his thread and he said that it was ok for me to post the link to his thread. :) I updated the first post to say that i got permission as well.

Thank you very much.

He's currently unfolding the Blood Eagle Pathfinder helmet.

Small Update - Sanding has and probably will continue.I've just ordered a Black and Decker electric sander that will be arriving Thursday. I feel one of those could defiantly come in handy for the bondo,sand,bondo,sand,sand,sand.....Sand stage lol

Future plans - Been thinking about the diamond swords and i REALLY want to make a full light suit with lights and a little something else i would very much like to do with the suit.All i'm saying is...

YOU GOTTA GO FAST! :love lol

Tribes-DiamondSword1.jpg

I have plans floating around my melon for this suit.

Last edited:
Re: Tribes: Ascend Helmets (Pictures/W.I.P./1st Build/future plans)

WOW !!! Simply amazing!!!

I am so jealous of your skill!!!

Wish one day I can also start my own build...

Keep it up and all the best!!!

WOW !!! Simply amazing!!!

I am so jealous of your skill!!!

Wish one day I can also start my own build...

Keep it up and all the best!!!

Oh..why thank you very much,that means a lot :)

You'll start building your first build and once you do....you won't be able to stop. This hobby is addicting lol.

Thank you and all the best to you when you start your first build :)

Sandpaper was just to slooooow and so i needed to find a faster way to sand.

Today i got my new toy,Black and Decker cyclone orbital sander. I'm going to continue sanding and see how it is :)

Aye...what an expensive week :/

I just came back inside from sanding a little and that electric sander is awesome!

I think as you might be able to see that it's taking a little more shape and is slooowly getting a little smoother.

Bondo is still a complete mess and I'm going to have to do a truck load of sanding and filling. No doubt about it this is the longest part of the process making this helmet.

I'll admit i was quiet sloppy with the bondo so that's probably another reason way it;s going to take longer. It's my first build and I'm going to make mistakes and so i just need to learn from them :)

I'll keep you updated.

Small update just showing yesterdays progress. Not much but i got one section (below the eye cheek - chin) quite smooth.

Added a before and after to show progress on how it's coming along with the sanding. Nice to see the progress.

Todays Progress : Sanded above the eye and left side forehead and wing. Front left is nice and smooth and shaping up nicely and getting rid of the thick lumps of bondo.

Sanding a little each day trying to sand in sections so it's a little easier.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back