Tremors: Map of Perfection Valley FOUND!

Mike J.

Master Member

Attachments

• shot0015.jpg
    shot0015.jpg
    700.7 KB · Views: 704
  • shot0016.jpg
    shot0016.jpg
    842.1 KB · Views: 770
  • shot0018.jpg
    shot0018.jpg
    994.8 KB · Views: 894
  • t0.jpg
    t0.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 770
  • t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 898
There was, mate... there was... ;). Snapped it up already (befor I read your post... ;) ).

Is it safe to assume that we'll see a few Perfection Valley replica maps soon on the RPF? It is one of my dad's favorite movies, and he basically has Burt's rec room already, hehe!

Is it safe to assume that we'll see a few Perfection Valley replica maps soon on the RPF? It is one of my dad's favorite movies, and he basically has Burt's rec room already, hehe!
Why not... If mine arrives, I can make a high res scan and post it in the free paper props section. Might have to get my hands on the bluray somewhere to make a complete replica...

Sorry mate. As soon as I saw the post of Mike J., I ran to eBay an searched for it. Only found one... Didn't had to think twice... Lost quite a few items in the past because I doubted and wanted to give it a day or two...

Sorry, guys. Just looked at it again, and there is more Photoshopping necessary than I'd hoped. Can't bang it out as quick as I'd like.

I can, however, post the two map scans I have. I think there may be a third one I never got around to, though, but it's a start.

Attachments

• BASE1.jpg
    BASE1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,929
  • OTHER.jpg
    OTHER.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,523
Did anyone ever get around to photoshopping the OG map to be the film map? Or if anyone know where the Huckleberry Meadow cut & paste came from?

Right, I am going to revive this thread. I have obntained a copy of the AAA-brochure (and damn... it's a lot smaller than I thought). I will do some high res scans and try to make the map (I'll share the scans ad map once I have something presentable).

The Huckleberry Meadow Area is actually another area (Grant Grove) with the titel Huckleberry Meadow copied in. The Huckelbarry meadow is in the brochure (Giant Forest Area) but in a different spacing/lettering as in the Perfection Map. Not sure what going on there.. (Or how to go about recreating it).

If someone has a suggestion for the Font that's used, that will safe me some searching.

Based on the sceencaps i'd say te size is about 20x80cm (7,9x31,5inch) but Im open to suggestions. (Escpecially if someone could bring me into contact with Kevin Bacon, so I could measure his arms for refence... )

My graphics skills leave something to be desired but I had started some work on a Tremors map prior to harmgrooten's post using the two scans already posted. I will defer to his abilities in the long run, but here's a size reduced pic of my map. My original is about 26 X 9.5 inches.

perfection map1.png

Last edited:
Right, I am going to revive this thread. I have obntained a copy of the AAA-brochure (and damn... it's a lot smaller than I thought). I will do some high res scans and try to make the map (I'll share the scans ad map once I have something presentable).

The Huckleberry Meadow Area is actually another area (Grant Grove) with the titel Huckleberry Meadow copied in. The Huckelbarry meadow is in the brochure (Giant Forest Area) but in a different spacing/lettering as in the Perfection Map. Not sure what going on there.. (Or how to go about recreating it).

If someone has a suggestion for the Font that's used, that will safe me some searching.

Based on the sceencaps i'd say te size is about 20x80cm (7,9x31,5inch) but Im open to suggestions. (Escpecially if someone could bring me into contact with Kevin Bacon, so I could measure his arms for refence... )
Hello, The gentlemen that was referenced at the top of the thread that links to his Wordpress blog mentions that the font was Benguiat font, don't know if that helps. Richard.

So what I thought would take a few hours turned into a few months.... life's funny that way. I ended up up using the base map Mike J. provided, since my guide was a year off (and appearantly that's enough to change half the wilderness ;-) I made the other scans from my guide.

Also my version doesn't necessarilly add much to the version DMO posted. Still I wanted to share, and I did do a few things differt from DMO's version:
I've kept the AAA logo, because it felt more authentic;
I've went with a slightly darker red edge and my spacing is a bit different (hopefully even a better match to the movie version);
I made the box around the town name look more like a marker, rather than a fully straight rectangular box (in line with the screencaps);
I also left the lines from copying in the center piece more visible, as it was the case with the movie version.

If there are any further suggestion, I'm happy to make some more adjustments. Also, I have a lager version available if anybody needs one. I've printed mine at 80 cm, which seems to be quite close to the original.

You do have to do your own ageing as I can't upload coffee or tea ;-)

Enjoy.

Attachments

• Map of Perfection Valley - small.png
    Map of Perfection Valley - small.png
    10.8 MB · Views: 159
So what I thought would take a few hours turned into a few months.... life's funny that way. I ended up up using the base map Mike J. provided, since my guide was a year off (and appearantly that's enough to change half the wilderness ;-) I made the other scans from my guide.

Also my version doesn't necessarilly add much to the version DMO posted. Still I wanted to share, and I did do a few things differt from DMO's version:
I've kept the AAA logo, because it felt more authentic;
I've went with a slightly darker red edge and my spacing is a bit different (hopefully even a better match to the movie version);
I made the box around the town name look more like a marker, rather than a fully straight rectangular box (in line with the screencaps);
I also left the lines from copying in the center piece more visible, as it was the case with the movie version.

If there are any further suggestion, I'm happy to make some more adjustments. Also, I have a lager version available if anybody needs one. I've printed mine at 80 cm, which seems to be quite close to the original.

You do have to do your own ageing as I can't upload coffee or tea ;-)

Enjoy.
Hi harmgrooten, I have messaged you about a larger version of your map, cheers.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back