Trash compactor monster bust PICS!

rileyreplicas

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello again! Just wanted to show the latest figure I have made, the trash monster! I made the eye of the figure based on the original version and not the Special Edition version. Enjoy the PICS and thanks for looking :)

2-4.jpg

1-4.jpg

Last edited:
I love the droplets hanging off the ends of his "hairs" (or whatever those are). He looks delightfully wet and goopy.

Great work. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Thanks for all of the kind words. I made the figure 1:1 scale ( best guess actually since the eye was never shown with anything to scale it by) It stands about 10 inches tall. As for how I made it I used the clear plasti balls from a craft store and painted the inside of it for the eye. I used a second ball that was the same size and attached it behind the first one. After that I attached a PVC pipe below the back ball for the eye stalk. I wrapped the whole mass with cotton batten and then coated it with sculpt or coat. While it was still wet I used a paint brush to detail it out and then added the hair. After painting it I coated it with a gloss acrylic sealer and the droplets just dried hanging on it :)

If anyone has any other questions feel free to email or PM me anytime. Also if anyone would want one just let me know. I have not made a mold of it so if I make anymore they would be scrathbuilt and you would own an "original" :)

Great replica.
Using bits of foam really works, as that's what I figure was floating in that trash compactor.

" cotton batten and then coated it with sculpt or coat."

I understand what cotton batten is, but don't know what you mean by 'sculpt or coat'

Can you please elaborate?

Sculpt or coat is a brand name for a product that I use. If you google "sculpt or coat" the company will come up for you. It is a water based product that I use over styrofoam as well as the cotton batten. It makes a protective coating over the item and allows me to texture it while it is still wet. Check it out and give it a try, I find it is very cool stuff to work with :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back