Trash Can - R2D2

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Weaselhammer

Sr Member
Dang,..... Now I'm going to be scouring the trash can section of every store I go into looking for the right one, lol.

joeranger

Sr Member
I will post pics after a bit more progress but this is turning out better than I thought. I scrapped the garbage can idea. I would rather have an R2D2.

Jedifyfe - I used masking tape on the top side of the lid and squirted hot glue in the seem to secure it. A little Spackle on the outside to smooth it out did an OK job. If I spent more time priming and sanding it would be perfect.

joeranger

Sr Member
Well here is the basic shape. It seems like you could spend a lot of time and resources getting all the little details right with one of these;)

You could probably get the plans for R2's skins and tape or outline on the trash can.

"This R2 unit is in prime condition, a real bargain."

It's pretty cool.

joeranger

Sr Member
Well I am going to take the time to do this 3/4 ass instead of only half.

I found a salad bowl at walmart for $5. It is the same shape but has a flat bottom. I cut the Dome Panels with a 10in mason sawblade. Since they are cut from the same size/position they fit perfectly.
I tried to use flat stickers but they didn't look right on a curved shape.