Transparnt skin over a skeleton?

Xalener

I want to ake a chestbuster for a fanfilm (or just for the hell of it) and have confused myself with a concept for a redesinged burster. It would be a complete skeleton of the CB surrounded by a transparent, detailed skin with veins laid under it. Is there any way I could do this?

Transparent silicone. Expensive but feasible. You can mix it with little bit of flesh tone silicone color dye.

for molding casting I suggest:

- You would have to sculpt the "innards" internal organs over the skeleton then sculpt a skin over it.
- Make a mold of the skin and organs separately.
- With the innards cast over the skeleton cast the skin directly above it.
- Just place the skin mold on top it will have a cavity you may need to pre-make the pour spout for the casting material.
- You may have to cast the skin 1 side first then the other.
- Plaster mold should be ok with this, but resin fiberglass molds will be better if you're not casting in latex.

You can do some diagrams to figure it out before sculpting.

Good luck. Sounds like a fun Project!

Sounds like a two-layer job: core piece which is painted with the veins and whatnot, and then the outer transparent silicone shell with all the detailing.

I want to ake a chestbuster for a fanfilm (or just for the hell of it) and have confused myself with a concept for a redesinged burster. It would be a complete skeleton of the CB surrounded by a transparent, detailed skin with veins laid under it. Is there any way I could do this?

Out of curiosity.......is it for a chestburster that has gestated inside a ginger person and has inherited the traits of transparent skin? :p

No, just a revamp of the design.

The skin will be a transparent blackish color with visible veins underneath (could I mold stripped yarn into it like they do with glass eyeballs?) and is made to look more like it could grow to the final xeno.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back