TRANSPARENT RESIN TEST CASTING....

Chewie15

Sr Member
Hi Everyone.

I wanted to share my latest experiment... I'm using some transparent resin to cast a few things and wanted to try a 'test' on my own Oldman Bust. All of the paint work is actually from the inside (as I was casting) I did many layers of flesh and mottling from the inside so it would look as real as possible. Not much other than the eyes dremeled out for eye placement... but this is pretty much straight from the mold. Of course once I paint on capillarys, freckles, liver spots, etc, the skin will become more realistic.

I'm working on another 'horror' character right now that has lots of vein work and needs to be very transparent so I'm using Drac here as the experiment :)
I think I'm going to ad real hair on this Oldman like Jeff Camps Latest, his bust was very inspirational to say the least..

trans1.jpg

trans2.jpg

trans3.jpg

The 'new' project will be reveiled later this week ;)

H

Wicked cool Howard :) I have a question for you, will you be adding the veins to the "outside" of the head since it is already painted? I like the look Howard, I can't wait to see your next project :)

Originally posted by CTF@Apr 9 2006, 08:57 PM
You are a god among men.  B)
[snapback]1223319[/snapback]​

No truer words were ever spoken. It looks like a wax sculpture. Howard your skills are scary. :)

Originally posted by lambotour+Apr 9 2006, 08:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lambotour @ Apr 9 2006, 08:54 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CTF
@Apr 9 2006, 08:57 PM
You are a god among men.  B)
[snapback]1223319[/snapback]​

No truer words were ever spoken. It looks like a wax sculpture. Howard your skills are scary. :)
[snapback]1223355[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yeah. Seriously Howard, your starting to scare me. For the love of God man, please stop before you lose control of this talent and put us all in jeopardy.

Sweet Christmas ... that looks creepy. I love the transparent resin and your paint job thus far. Is there nothing you can't do?

I also can't wait to see your next project ... :)

AMAZING. Just awesome. Thanks again for sharing your work Howard. I love seeing it. This is one of my favorite Oldman characters, he elevated that whole film, and you captured the character's essense in every way.. :thumbsup

Noeland-------------------

My god you suck so badly it makes me sick.........

:p That is amazing, simply amazing. It has the look of thin, elderly skin as it should be. Paper thin and nearly transparent. Damned impressive work.

Woweee. That's amazing. What a unique look.

What kind of resin are you using for this? I would LOVE to see some WIP photos of this process...anything to de-mystify your scary supernatural sculpting talent.

BTW, I like the sculpted hair better.

very cool. it looks like a wax or silicone bust. i would love to see some WIP pics, but since most of this was done in the mold.. that might be kinda hard to do :lol

i dig it. its very very very lifelike, and spooky to boot.

great work as usaul :)
chris

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back