Transformers Sargent Kup Project

madprops

Hey guys. First off, I'm new to the forum. I have been making props and costumes for a couple years now and only found out about this place a couple months ago.

So for about 4 months I have been working on Sargent Kup. The old timer bot from the Transformers Animated Movie. Here are the pictures of what I have done so far. The whole thing has been made for TB-20 Craft Foam with the exception of the occasional Foam-core for strength and the Plexi glass windshield.

I will be taking a break on this project for a few months to start work on something that has needed more attention (Mr Freeze)

063.jpg

This was the first thing I made. The foam is prepped with Bodge Podge and then I wrapped the pieces in Automotive and sign vinyl. (I run a sign shop)
There is a piece that will cover my chin when It goes on and I will paint my face silver for the rest.

1283b713.jpg

Then I made the main part which I figured out after it was to late that I should have tapered the bottom in a few inches on each side. Oh well live and learn.

7de50a63.jpg

Added Shoulder pieces and the glass windshield.

30de7f37.jpg

After Putting in a dome light for the cockpit I realized I needed structure.

7ad2d47c.jpg

So I added the Foamcore.

69ece0d7.jpg

Since there has never been images of the inside of Kup' Cybertornian truck I had to make something up, so I add the seats and dash from my own concept.

56fe4beb.jpg

You can see on the Ipad what I was working with. I was able to get some great reference pictures from the Comics.

IMG_5344.jpg

Then I finished up the back end. I reinforced this part with Foamcore as well since I will be holding my rifle back there.

IMG_5315.jpg

These shoulder pieces are the last things I did before I put this project on the back burner.

Hope you all enjoyed the pictures.

Thanks guys. I did also finish up one of the forearms as well and that is actually where I'm at right now.

IMG_5799.jpg

I tried to catch the ipad image to for reference.

this looks awesome, so happy its a different relitivly unknown transformer. definatly watching how this turns out. keep up the good work.

What?? Everybody knows, Kup... Well at least everyone who's knowledge of the Transformers involves something other than those crappy movies by Michael Bay ;). Great work so far, I can't wait to see more progress.

You've done a great job so far. I can't wait to see how this will all turn out! He was one of my favorite toys as a kid.

Absolutely cool. Kup doesn't get much love and the new comics are the best there is for anything G1 these days. Just wish they were easier to get around here. I also love the details like having the seats in the chest. I have to laugh that he's had to be come Sargent Kup so they could renew the trademark. They did that with Jazz and several others too. You going to give him the cigar that he sometimes seems to have?

What?? Everybody knows, Kup... Well at least everyone who's knowledge of the Transformers involves something other than those crappy movies by Michael Bay ;). Great work so far, I can't wait to see more progress.

The G1 transformers will always be the best. I would hate to see what would happen to Kup if Bay got a hold of that character. :behave

Nice vinyl! it's the perfect color. You should bring it to Botcon in TX this year!

Thanks. I would would love to bring this to Botcon. In fact that was my plan all along. I started working on it right after last years Botcon. but this year just doesn't work out for me to be able to go.

Plus I'm moving on to Mr Freeze to be done by PHXCC.

Absolutely cool. Kup doesn't get much love and the new comics are the best there is for anything G1 these days. Just wish they were easier to get around here. I also love the details like having the seats in the chest. I have to laugh that he's had to be come Sargent Kup so they could renew the trademark. They did that with Jazz and several others too. You going to give him the cigar that he sometimes seems to have?

I'm just glad he made enough of a come back for Hasbro to make an update toy of him. And yes I will most definitely be making the Cy-garr. I think that was the best thing the comics ever did to Kup.

Anyway. for now this has to take the back burner for a few months while I work on Mr Freeze. I'm doing that because I'm part of a JLA cosplay group here and want to do a character that has recognition.

Just thought I would post an update on this thread. I have kind of put this project on the back burner since no now that was going to Cosplay Transformers with me is still doing it. So as much as I love Kup and how fun it would be to be this guy, he will have to wait for a better day. Now moving on to Mr Freeze.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back