Transformers Prime

Monster Dave

Sr Member
Hey All,

I was looking for something new and slightly retro on Netflix to watch and came across Transformers Prime. Given my affinity for G1, I decided to check it out and I must say that I was suprised to discover that both Peter Cullen (Prime) and Frank Welker (Megatron) reprised their original character voices for this new CGI cartoon. I even like having Enterprise's favorite Andorian (Jeffery Combs) doing the voice of Ratchet and even Ernie Hudson has a voice part!!

It's surprisingly good! The stories are updated, but the canon is sound. It's the first cartoon I've been interested in in years and I blew threw the first season episodes in a week.

Anyone else watching it?

It's not bad at all. I got a chuckle in the episode where Starscream is working with the bad human group - "I am NOT a foot soldier! I am a consultant!"

I'm not a big fan of the character designs sadly. I know the 2 top toys from it is Wheeljack and Soundwave (a pain to find around here) while they can't give Bumblebee away.

Some of the one liners are a riot! It's almost like 'old times' with Prime and Megatron!

In reading up on it, I read today that the toy line for the show has been garbage from Hasbro and that Hasbro is working on revising the quality of them.

Hasbro hasn't been doing well over the years. They kept releasing the "classics" lines in between the movies and they sell great and look good and then until this last time they'd kill the lines and put out movie figures that nobody wanted.

I love my US made Masterpiece Prime, but I always thought the products from Takara were far superior in quality.

The MP megatron i got from japan is amazing and has more metal parts. The takara stuff is always better. I have an import version of the Classics Ironhide since he was hard to find here and he's way nicer. I think they use different factories in china than takara. i wish the classics Cosmos hadn't vanished, its so rare that it isn't even on ebay. The only way anyone got one was to stumble across it in stores (my friend passed up 4 of them thinking they'd be easy to find) or on BBTS by buying a case of figures.
I'm about ready to start buying 3rd party figures as there are some that beat the crap out of hasbro.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back