Transformers Cube

If those stacks are straight and don't have flaps, I bet he has to replace them often because the bottoms rust out. I've seen truckers put metal coffee cans on them when they are parked for long time. I would love to have a cab-over version of Optimus Prime (and Ultra Magnus).

I didn't get the chance to go looking for Prime over the weekend, but will this weekend when I take the kids to see their grandparents (who apparently live close).

Anyway I've give this CUBE thing a bit of thought and like the idea of etching (though it could take forever). I still have not found the true 1:1 of the graphic, so have begun breaking the 1/3rd image into the 6 sides.

So the plan is:

1. Import each of the 6 sides into SketchUp and scale them up to the 12" size.
2. I doubt I will re-draw each part, rather just cheat and print them out at their new size. They will pixelate, but that's OK for what I want to do.
3. Glue them onto the MDF and start etching away.

As I said, time consuming but it should look good once the graphic is removed, and it gets painted up and sealed.

What are the real dimensions for the 1:1 cube?

Based on the what I tell in the film, it must be at least 12". This printable decal is just 4" so making this a 1/3" scale replica.

So the plan was to import each of the 6 sides into SketchUp and scale them up to the 12" size.

Then I decided why not just scale the whole thing? I played around in Paint and if my math is correct, then my guess of 12" I was close. It seems the actual 1:1 size is 11.5" on an edge.

Whilst doing yet another search I found this...
I went to Universal today to follow up on pics I got from the employee preview night showing me an All Spark replica. It's 1:1 scale (after Bumblebee collapses it) and cost $225 in the NEST Supply Vault souvenir shop.
It measures 6.5" across.
Compared to the 1/4 replica by Popbox Collectibles

No images of the prop though :(

Really, just 6.5"? How small are Mr S L's hands? In the extra material, there is a lanyard attaching the prop to him (in case he dropped I guess) and it looks way bigger than 6.5" or 165mm.

Then there was this

attachment.php

I WANT ONE!

And still searching, I found this :cool

attachment.php

This has got to be bigger than 6.5" :love

Last edited:
Well, in this picture, found in the link below, if you see the position of Sam's wrist which is where the cube starts, and the end of his finger, there is like an inch to the end of the cube. If you measure your own hand (if it's considered 'average', whatever that is) then it looks to be around 8 or 9 inches. Now Shia Lebeuf isn't a large guy so I'd say his hand wouldn't be that huge that it would be almost 12 inches.

Image - Movie Bumblebee giveAllSpark.jpg - Teletraan I: the Transformers Wiki - Fall of Cybertron, War for Cybertron, Transformers: Prime, Toys, Kre-O, Rescue Bots

Movie_Bumblebee_giveAllSpark.jpg

I have one I picked up on here a few years ago. Beautiful resin casting. Unfortunately it got hot and the gases inside of it heated, pushing it way out of square.

Well, in this picture, found in the link below, if you see the position of Sam's wrist which is where the cube starts, and the end of his finger, there is like an inch to the end of the cube. If you measure your own hand (if it's considered 'average', whatever that is) then it looks to be around 8 or 9 inches. Now Shia Lebeuf isn't a large guy so I'd say his hand wouldn't be that huge that it would be almost 12 inches.

Image - Movie Bumblebee giveAllSpark.jpg - Teletraan I: the Transformers Wiki - Fall of Cybertron, War for Cybertron, Transformers: Prime, Toys, Kre-O, Rescue Bots

Movie_Bumblebee_giveAllSpark.jpg

Based on my own hand, I would have to say 9".

I have one I picked up on here a few years ago. Beautiful resin casting. Unfortunately it got hot and the gases inside of it heated, pushing it way out of square.

WOW, what a shame.

Just did some scaling and 2x (200%) seems to be about 8.5" which could be right based on the screen cap above. The graphics don't distort (pixel-late) too bad either, so I will see if I can get this size printed and go from there.

There was a seller on here who made a cube and sold casts, I have one and from what I recall the cube was 12inches.

He did an awesome job on all the recessed detail in the surface, and the resin was very clean, no seam line.

Any pics with a sense of scale? Given I made my Pizza too small, I'd like to get this one closer to right if I can :)

Hi guys - I measured my copy of Doc's cube I got here and the sides are 7 inches exactly. They have copies for sale at Universal Studios in LA for about 200$

It's a shame that licensed Allspark doesn't look anywhere as good as DocBrown's version (that I sadly passed on years ago). It looks really cheap since most of the markings don't go toward the edges of the cube. :cry

But if it was cast off the screen-used version, and the markings are supposed to look like that, then ok, that's acceptable.:lol

You can tell the cube from the screen cap in post #28 is not even close to 12 inches. Shia only has two fingers and a thumb on it and his hand almost spans the entire side. And since he isn't a big guy I would guess the cube is around 7-7.5 which puts it in line with DocBrown's cube from years ago.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back