Transformation complete

keeleon

So, I finally got the rest of the pieces to my costume. This is one of the "Mayan Elder Hunter" suits you see on ebay occasionally. I am very happy with it. It did take a little longer than was advertised to be finished and sent, and the communication was kind of on the poor side, but it's here before Comicon, and now my life feels complete. Yay!

2011_07_14_15_30_22_653.jpg

very cool...How was it suiting up? i always ask this from someone who completes a suit and puts it on for the first time..

we all remember our first time....

very cool...How was it suiting up? i always ask this from someone who completes a suit and puts it on for the first time..

we all remember our first time....
It was pretty awesome. The package arrived at like 10am, and my fiancee sent pictures of the box, but I didn't get to leave work til like 3 >.< So I made her open it and take pictures. I got home and the house reeked of latex. My thought was "Do you smell that? That's the smell of awesome." It was like Christmas morning walking into the front room with the suit all laid out on the couch. I didn't even think, I just walked in and started suiting up. I don't even really know what I look like in it since we don't have any large mirrors, but the pictures give an ok idea. I've worn full black leather armor all day in the middle of the sumer before without any problems, but I've never had a latex mask on for any lengthy period.

It's definitely claustrophobic, so Comicons gonna be a bit chaotic. I'm hoping I can last at least an hour, lol. I was sweating wearing it for about 10 minutes in an air conditioned house. What's cool is the skin is actually like a cloth bodysuit with no latex, so it seems it will breathe very well. Even a slight breeze and I should be fine all day other than the mask. Unfortunately, the mask is really tight all around so I'm prolly not gonna be fitting a fan in there. The rest of the suit fits like a glove. The arms are a little long, as you can see them bunching at the elbows, but I'm just gonna cut and hem them I believe. I hot glued leather pads on the soles of the feet since I figured the latex wouldn't appreciate hot concrete. Overall I am incredibly happy with this suit, and while I plan on making a few adjustments(leather and copper armor and accesories), it seems pretty perfect for what it's supposed to do.

The guy who made it is Dan Little from Idaho. Also it took about 2 months longer than was promised due to some issues at his shop, which wasn't really a problem once he finally responded and told me what was up. The communication is a little sparser than I would have liked, but I also have severe OCD which causes me to need to know the status of everything all the time >.

Looks awesome bro. Gotta love the P2.

It was pretty awesome. The package arrived at like 10am, and my fiancee sent pictures of the box, but I didn't get to leave work til like 3.
That means you got that sucker on in about 30 mins since your microwave looks like it says 3:30. When you go to cons, take your time and move slow when getting in everything and you won't be super sweaty at the very beginning. Thats what I learned.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back