Trans Temporal Sonic Screwdriver

How about this one? Not something I expected and a lot more steampunk - looks cool, not sure what the context will be but I think I want one.

Trans Temporal Sonic Screwdriver
Compatible with the Personal Tardis and the Personalise Your Own Sonic Screwdriver Sets.
Revealed at London Toy Fair 2012.

Doctor Who Trans Temporal Sonic Screwdriver

sonicscrew.jpg

Trans meaning across.
Temporal meaning time.

This is exactly why I don't like Dr Who.
They just throw words together and think it sounds technical and great.

If the Sonic works across time, surely it would render any episode nearly pointless as what ever problem the Sonic Screwdriver would be used to solve, the Dr could just use the Sonic to send that signal ahead or back in time as needs be depending on when the event occurred and Bob's your uncle problem solved.

Sorry, that was just bothering me.

"This is a Sonic Screwdriver made up of four parts from four different eras of London. These being Elizabethan, Victorian, Present Day and Future London. These being based on the idea that the Tardis is trapped in these four time zones and the Tardis reflecting each one in its new sonic creation."

"This is a Sonic Screwdriver made up of four parts from four different eras of London. These being Elizabethan, Victorian, Present Day and Future London. These being based on the idea that the Tardis is trapped in these four time zones and the Tardis reflecting each one in its new sonic creation."

It's very nice!

It is an extension to the previously released "Build your own Sonic Screwdriver" set.

Here is one of several that I own...

2012-07-31230914.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder why mine comes together differently then yours. The pipe part of the bottom piece will only line up with the activation button. Not to the side like yours. I have even unscrewed the piece and there are notches so it will only go together like that.

I wonder why mine comes together differently then yours. The pipe part of the bottom piece will only line up with the activation button. Not to the side like yours. I have even unscrewed the piece and there are notches so it will only go together like that.

What I did (do at your own risk) is take a larger pair of fingernail clippers & just trim those notches up them glue them in place.

Anyone else thinking of Soufflé Girl?

Trans meaning across.
Temporal meaning time.

This is exactly why I don't like Dr Who.
They just throw words together and think it sounds technical and great.

If the Sonic works across time, surely it would render any episode nearly pointless as what ever problem the Sonic Screwdriver would be used to solve, the Dr could just use the Sonic to send that signal ahead or back in time as needs be depending on when the event occurred and Bob's your uncle problem solved.

Sorry, that was just bothering me.
At least it doesn't reverse the polarity of the neutron flow ;)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back