Question Trader issues with Customrelic, advice welcome

Yeah, I am quite distressed by all of this to be honest. If someone had paid me money and was unhappy, I would be jumping through hoops to resolve any bad situation, much like a business would have to do if there were problems.

I am not one for playing the victim, so don't feel sorry for myself for not being more cautious but I do feel that this person "talked the talk" and came out with a lot of things that I got suspicious of but let go, because I was being trusting.

This is my first trade on the RPF and sadly, I feel may be my last.

I fully intend to get my money back, I have the name of this trader and there is another member of the RPF who knows him (and fell out with him) I also have his address, though that may be false. I have friends in Florida who I am going to

I think I have been pretty patient with him. No effort to contact me in over a week (after numerous emails prior to my post and obviously coming onto the boards himself and posting, with what is probably a load of lies) and having $750 of my money, this is just not acceptable.

I know it has been mentioned quite a bit on here but I do feel that if there were a feedback system on the forum, maybe my decision to trust this trader would have been different.

I emailed the trader yesterday, to express my disappointment but very much doubt he will respond.

I am now contemplating my next move.

Yeah, I am quite distressed by all of this to be honest. If someone had paid me money and was unhappy, I would be jumping through hoops to resolve any bad situation, much like a business would have to do if there were problems.

I am not one for playing the victim, so don't feel sorry for myself for not being more cautious but I do feel that this person "talked the talk" and came out with a lot of things that I got suspicious of but let go, because I was being trusting.

This is my first trade on the RPF and sadly, I feel may be my last.

I fully intend to get my money back, I have the name of this trader and there is another member of the RPF who knows him (and fell out with him) I also have his address, though that may be false. I have friends in Florida who I am going to

I think I have been pretty patient with him. No effort to contact me in over a week (after numerous emails prior to my post and obviously coming onto the boards himself and posting, with what is probably a load of lies) and having $750 of my money, this is just not acceptable.

I know it has been mentioned quite a bit on here but I do feel that if there were a feedback system on the forum, maybe my decision to trust this trader would have been different.

I emailed the trader yesterday, to express my disappointment but very much doubt he will respond.

I am now contemplating my next move.
Well, he seems to be confirming your side of the story. He comes on here in the Premium section, gives his side of things... making himself seem like he is the golden boy in this... and then he stops communicating. A few people have posted this thread there and tagged him, stating he needs to come in here and communicate, yet he stays silent. Sad to say, for him, his actions are supporting your version of events.

What I don’t like about this situation is the seller claiming the deposit was non-refundable.

I did go look at the original listing, read it several times, and did not see any mention of the deposit being non-refundable.

That said, I obviously haven’t seen the private communication between the buyer and seller, but it strikes me as odd that in the Premium forum there are mentions of the deposit being non-refundable, but that is not at all in the listing.

I will also agree that the seller is doing a good job of proving the buyer’s complaints about communication in this situation.

This is absolutely true, there has never been any mention of a non-refundable deposit, not once and nothing of the sort in our private correspondence. It would be great when someone speaks to him and asks him to prove all of the things he said, especially the part where he supposedly said he was not contactable for 3 weeks. I know this to be a lie, I had nothing of the sort to say that.

I was fine with everything that was going on until the photos he sent to me set my alarm bells ringing. We had agreed that the paint job he was going to do was going to be to my specification, he sent a photo fo "my" product, all painted up and looking suspiciously the same as his "prototype" in his build and for sale threads. Something did not ring quite true. Another thing that also set my alarms bells going was something he said in his emails about how he would not risk his reputation for "just a Chucky doll".

If this were me and I had someone's money, I would be bending over backwards to make them happy and if they had any issue and wanted a refund, I would give it to them, no question. The fact that he has been on here asking for advice in the Premium forum yet knows he is in the wrong makes me furious.

Of course, I should have been a bit more savvy with the payment, especially as it turns out that the email address linked to PayPal is not his but a woman, whose details I have managed to trace and will be approaching.

Last email I got from him was on the 31st of January, he has since been on this forum and not bothered to respond. I have expressed my disgust to him in an email, I have not been rude but I have been frank and honest. No response.

I have all of the emails that were sent between us and all of the conversations on the RPF messaging system, if you read between the lines, I am sure the truth is in there. I just wish it became more obvious before I parted with my money.

I obviously expected that he would come on here playing the victim, he appears to be that kind of person. I fully expect that he is pleading that he has done no wrong and is all fair and good.

I posted on here on here to be fair and get my money back and to not say anything that was not true. I did not initially post this persons name, as I thought it fair that I gave him a chance to give me my money back and part ways without giving him the embarrassment of having his name shown as a deceitful and untrustworthy trader. I even offered an olive branch and came up with a fair plan on how to go forward, even after the ignorance he displayed.

Yet, I hear nothing, not even a reasonable excuse. No contact at all. That is beyond acceptable and frankly, I am shocked about the whole thing. I will be getting my money back, one way or another.

So, for anybody who is interested, the trader in question is called Customrelic he gave his real name as Tony Tadeo, but it could be a lie for all I know. I don't take doing things like this lightly, it can be damaging and sticks around for a long, long time. This is why I gave him a chance, without posting his name but I think enough time has passed to clearly show that he does not care and cannot man-up and give me my money back.

As far as I am concerned, without a refund, he has stolen my money that I gave in good faith.

customrelic.jpg

I am sure he will show up one day soon with an excuse for not being able to write an email or message :rolleyes:...

Last edited:
At this point, contact mods and provide them all details and correspondents. Keep them in the loop so they can try to help get this resolved, and also so they can monitor his actions and apparent lack of communication. That will all play into their decision to ban the seller in the future, should the seller choose to continue ignoring you and avoid resolving this. Good luck.

Last edited:
This is disappointing. He obviously realised there was an issue here and it sounds like he hasn't fronted up and communicated. This is on him now.

The thing is, when someone doesn't come through and sort issues out in a timely and professional manner, you start to question everything about them and everything they have ever said, if it is the truth or a pack of lies (n)

Well, here we are 2 weeks since Customrelic was on these forums, knowing fully what the circumstances are and his continued lack of contact now leads me to believe that he was out to rip me off from the start.

I have contacted the admins of this site and reported the issues and am hoping that they will be able to help in some way.

Well, anything is better than nothing and I am sure the only way I am going to get my money back would be to fly out and collect it in person. Lucky for me I have his address but that may be false too...

I am now doing some deeper investigating into this person and who they really are, something is smelling a little bit fishy about the whole situation...

Last edited:
Lady Lake, Florida is the address he gave me for his “studio” but I am taking that with a pinch of salt.

The only way I have been able to pass any messages to him is through another forum member who has his cellphone number but I suspect that I will not get any contact from him, he has ignored every single email and message I have sent to him since questioning him, prior to this post.

Obviously I am making it my mission to make sure that nobody else falls foul of this person and his methods, so am spreading the warning throughout the internet.

All I can say is that he doesn’t care about his reputation and it kind of proves that he set out to scam people. I would be interested to hear from ONE person who has had a good result from this guy or even anybody who gave him money for a Chucky doll...

Last edited:
it just goes to show that you have to be so careful in who you trust. After going on the premium members forum and apparently playing the victim (not sure how a guy who has taken someone’s money can be a victim??) he has shown himself to be a scammer and a thief.

So disappointing and a huge lesson to be learned.

So, not a peep from this Customrelic/Tony Tadeo guy, so it seems that he is definitely ignoring my emails.

There is one member on this board who has his cellphone number, who I asked to pass a message onto and of course I heard nothing back.

The good news is, the card company who I used to pay with, are going to look into the situation.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back