Toy to Snub Nose PKD Conversion

Tan Djarka

Sr Member
image.jpeg

I found this at a thrift shop and figured it would be a good base for conversion.
image.jpeg

With the bullets and upper receiver removed.
image.jpeg

With the middle removed and reassembled.
image.jpeg

A new barrel of 1/2" PVC pipe.
image.jpeg

With the modified upper receiver.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Assembled and mostly painted.
image.jpeg

A comparison with an old scratch build. I drybrushed the upper receiver for a gun metal look and removed the gold from the trigger guard. I still have to paint the puttied screw holes (I ran out of black paint). I'll probably leave the grip as is.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
On a curious side note, I had no intention of retaining any of the electronic functions so I removed the batteries. Just for the heck of it would spin the bullet drum manually, and to my suprise, the LEDs lit up. Apparently the motor could also generate current.

This came out great! I think some extra paintwork could really bring it to the next level, but that's just me. I actually saw one of these at a dollar store a while back, I'm still upset with myself that I didn't buy it, even more so now seeing what could have been!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back