Toy Story 4 (Post-release)

What did you think of Toy Story 4?

• Total voters
Re: Toy Story.... 4???

I, too, think three is a good ending.

Maybe it's a handoff to another set of toys to keep it going :) j/k

Pixar should have stayed solo, IMO. Granted TS3 was great, but they only did it, IIRC, because that's what Disney wanted. TS4 sounds like another Disney move in the standard hollywood logic mode, the last one made money, so, lets make another.

Rarely do I give the benefit of the doubt as to the potential quality of sequels, but perhaps we will be surprised. I doubted three would be good.

While Hanks was obviously goofing around, I would love to see another adventure of the toys with Bonnie. My GIJoe Adventure Team guys and my stuffed monkey Bim have never been happier now that they're being played with again by my son, and I'm sure it's the same for Woody and Buzz.

*Draws line Between Toy Story 3 and Toy Story 4*

I'll only cross it if they bring Bo back. Silly proposition? Yes. Likely to go unfulfilled? No doubt. But that two sentence write off broke down my enthusiasm for the whole entire film because all I could think about was how Woody allowed that to happen. What I got in the film wasn't enough.

I don't think he was totally serious - but then again, with the amount of cash to be had in releasing a fourth, I wouldnt put it past Disney/Pixar. And really, I would have no problem with it so long as the story served a purpose and was not done simply with dolllar signs in mind.

Toy Story 3 was successful because it was supposed to be the last one. It took our nostalgia and turned it into an awesome farewell to the Toy Story fans. To make a fourth would be a giant middle finger to all of those who loved the series.

Pixar: Please do not screw up in making a fourth, let the story rest.

They only plot for the Toy Story movies are being abandoned and discarded and getting separated is the device.

The third movie realized their worst nightmare and they (as did we) pulled through ok. Not much more you can do now.

I say let it rest.

You are an ungrateful bunch of negative nannies.

How many damn great movies does Pixar have to make before you people get the pickle out of your asses and give them the benefit of the doubt and not **** on their movie before they even make it.

I mean really.

How many damn great movies does Pixar have to make before you people get the pickle out of your asses and give them the benefit of the doubt and not **** on their movie before they even make it.

I mean really.

when pixar starts making straight to dvd movies then i will be worried

TOY STORY 4: The Search for More Money. :rolleyes

I really disliked 3 as a whole and didn't think the ending was good at all.
To add such a complete and drawn out ending to a story that requires only ambiguity (something that was done with 2's ending) ruins the tone of the first two movies for me.
Its like taking a children's story that ends with "And they lived happily ever after...." and adding, "...except for their loved ones drifting away and the death of some close friends and ending up being taken care of by a nice person in a strange place where they have some fun but their children don't come to visit.
The End

Yeah it happens to us all. But sometimes it's nice not dwell on the inevitable transitions we all go through in our lives.
You know, entertainment.
I mean its a "Toy Story". Not "Toy's Retirement and their many depressing experiences after they are outgrown by their owner and are forced to find new meaning in their existence.
Some my like the mature themes, I say its corrupting the excitement that the first two films had.

Rant over. Sorry.

I think they can do a good Toy Story 4. But I dont think they will. At this point I am just tired of seeing the characters thrown into things.
P.S If they do it they better bring back Bo Peep.

While Hanks' comments are hardly definitive, if it IS the case, I'm not saying ANYTHING until I see it. I couldn't fathom what "3" could possibly have to say after "2", and look what happened there.

You got my vote for that as the motto, as long as we change "nannies" to a word that begins with a "p".

Hanks is full of it, obviously having a go at the reporter. For those not in the know, "Disney purchased Pixar in April 2006, and Lasseter was named chief creative officer of both Pixar and Disney animation studios. "

One of the first things he did was stop Disney's own work on the TS3 sequel and brought it back to Pixar's creative team.

TS2 was originally a direct to video sequel Disney was forcing Pixar to do, but it was going so well that they turned it into a full movie.

But its been stated by Lasseter that 3 was the end. And I hope he sticks to his guns, as much as they are my fav Pixar movies, the end of 3 was perfect.

I mean really.

Agreed.

when pixar starts making straight to dvd movies then i will be worried

And agreed.

John Lasseter himself told last year that TS3 would be th elast one.
I don't believe what TH said. He might be misunderstanding.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back