Toy Story 4 - Movie Accurate Woody Doll

CAKComedyProps

Here's a video I made on this project so far:

I've always wanted a Woody doll from Toy Story that has the "default face" when he is in toy mode. Now that new toys are being released now for the 4th film, I found a doll that is close enough to the right face, so I'm going to swap the head onto an accurate body when I get a signature collection doll.

I'll post pics here through the modification process and when it's done.

ChickenHaunt

That's awesome! Great paint work. I was planning on molding, resculpting, and casting a closed mouth head for my Signature Collection Woody, but now I'll definitely be following your build. One fix I did make was to separate the fingers on that doll, since they're fused together. Just a folded piece of sandpaper carefully sawing out a gap between them.

mrwax

Awesome! I'm going to have to keep an eye out for that version of Woody. Great job on the paint.

SquidMan

This looks fantastic! Amazing paint work. As far as I can tell, the only thing inaccurate about this head, besides the lack of hair highlights that you addressed in your video and are planning to add, is that its eyebrows are asymmetrical. Is there any way at all that one of the eyebrows could be lowered? Not sure how that could be done without really extensive modification, but if it's possible, the head would become 100% accurate.

CAKComedyProps

This looks fantastic! Amazing paint work. As far as I can tell, the only thing inaccurate about this head, besides the lack of hair highlights that you addressed in your video and are planning to add, is that its eyebrows are asymmetrical. Is there any way at all that one of the eyebrows could be lowered? Not sure how that could be done without really extensive modification, but if it's possible, the head would become 100% accurate.
I could sand off the eyebrow and resculpt it lower, but I don’t really feel like it’s necessary. The head is already so close it doesn’t bother me. The head is also somewhat flexible so the sculpting could crack if it bends.

SquidMan

CAKComedyProps, you mentioned in your video that the pull string ring should probably be 3/4" in diameter, which prompted me to buy some and see if they are a better size than the 1" ring I replaced the original ring on my Collection Woody with years ago, which I always thought was a smidge too large.

I can now confirm that the 3/4" ring is the perfect size, as you can see below. It's too bad that the pull string hole is positioned lower on his back than it is in the movies, but what can you do.

IMG_0231.JPGIMG_0233.jpg

Got my rings here, same brand as yours.

Last edited: