Toy Hunter TV Show

jcoffman99

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anybody catch the premeire of Toy Hunters last night on the Travel channel? I enjoyed it. Not everyday you get to see someone plunk down 17k for a rocket firing Boba Fett.

I did, and I enjoyed it.

I have heard that it is currently only a pilot that has yet to be picked up, though.

I enjoyed the show last night. I would like to see this show get picked up and made a series. However is there enough sought after rare toys to make this a successful series?

I found it a little hard to believe. He found 2 holy grail items in 2 trips, but hey, the truth is more amazing than fiction some times. Or maybe he blew his 2 best leads for the pilot, and the rest of the show will be finding red card stormtroopers from the 90's. I'll be watching if it does get picked up. I have to admit, I couldn't wait until the commercials were over to see what he was freaking out about each time.

I caught the last few minutes of the show. It seems ok. Worth a watch.

Btw, who was the guy who bought the boba fett figure?
My wife and I both said "who is that guy" at the same time.
We're both convinced he's someone famous.
I think it may be Tim Hendricks from the tv show Miami Ink but I haven't found anything online to confirm it.

they filmed me an my gf at comic con. she bought her first ever toy and they filmed it. hah didn't make the show but was fun and Jordan was a great guy, we chatted briefly about the RPF and what not. i'll def be watching more, hope it gets picked up.

did anyone else find it awesome how the owner of "tomart", Yoda, was like the greatest character on that show. He didn't give a dam lol, made me laugh so hard when he talked. great sutff!

The guy who bought the Fett, wasn't anyone famous, or at least noone they point out. It wasn't Tim, but he had to be pretty well off to pay $17k for it. I hope they put it to series, I mean they have Cajun pawn, and Texas storage wars, so why not this?
T

weird, fell asleep watching Ghost Adventures and the next day turned the tv back on and this was on. A bit too much full face smiles to the point I wanted to start slapping people but always neat to see things resurface from childhood. I still want my own Great Mazinga Shogun Warrior. I only got Raydeen as a kid since it was at a yard sale for $1. Hated it though as it just looked like a giant chicken robot.

Aw man, I HAD Mazinga Shogun Warrior. Saved-up forever as a kid to buy that thing, only to sell it at a yard sale a few years later for a couple of bucks. I don't even want to know if that hollow plastic, rocket-shootin' POS is worth money now.:facepalm

Toy Hunters Is Back This Sunday!
Posted by D_Martin on January 25, 2012 at 06:13 PM CST
The Toy Hunters pilot episode did exceptionally well when it premiered the other week, and now the Travel Channel's is going to rebroadcast it this Sunday in Prime Time. We have a feeling that this is a very positive sign for the show, and know that it will positively affect our community if it goes to series. That said, we ask that you check your local listings and make sure to tune in and watch it when it airs. Remember, the ratings are based on live veiws, and DVRing it won't count. Let's get together and make this show happen!

I actually hope this show dies a quick death. After seeing what the pawn shop shows have done to pawn shops*, I really don't want it to happen to the toy market.

*It has become harder to find the good deals at pawn shops that you used to find. Shop owners have raised prices due to sellers asking more for their stuff because the seller thinks they might have something valuable. Prices have also risen because of the increase in customers. The same thing will happen in the toy market, people outside of the collector community will think the toys they currently have are more valuable, thus demanding more and there will be an upswell of scalpers buying up anything they think might be rare so they can resell.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back