TOS Tricorder on Ebay?

Jimbo890

If you do a search for tricorder prop on ebay, you will see a whopper. Any chance this is legit, or one of the many Mark English fakes? Looks like a ME fake, but the seller claims it's real.

I know the board dislikes the posting of live auctions, but I believe this one falls into that 'let's discuss it' category.

Thoughts?

The tricorder at auction is a ME copy. As for Greg Jein at the time he looked at it he/we all thought it was the real deal. Then we all found out about how ME was making his props and how.

Hope this helps

The Propman.

<div class='quotetop'>(apollo @ May 30 2006, 12:52 AM) [snapback]1252842[/snapback]</div>
Looks fake to me but who am I to question Greg Jein?. ;)
[/b]

I guess my sarcasm was lost in my initial post.

Yes it is a fake but it also goes to show how us so called "Experts" can be duped.

dam it man, now that yall done listed the auction i will bet it will go sky high. :lol :lol :lol

and i was ready to buy it. :angel

john :cool

The info and the warning are very much appreciated guys, but where's the link?

If you're posting a warning or highly suspect auction, you definitely CAN and SHOULD post a link as well. (and that's the way that rule's always been.)

I mean, if you're gonna post search credentials, it's silly NOT to post the link . "I won't post the link, but here's how and where to find it" :lol

It's always been no discussion at all on a "legit" auction, but open discussion (and especially a link.) when it comes to warnings or possible scams.

Tom

Not that I could afford an original prop. But I would only trust a big house auction or if it were from the hands of someone who worked on the original show.

<div class='quotetop'>(CessnaDriver @ May 30 2006, 11:10 AM) [snapback]1253071[/snapback]</div>
I would only trust a big house auction or if it were from the hands of someone who worked on the original show.
[/b]

Big Auction houses have been fooled before as the Tric listed had gone through one.

Don't even get me started on profiles in History. :lol

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back