TOS Star Trek Reproduction props I built. Kirk Command Chair and Helm/Nav Console.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Quick2

IMG_8909.JPG
IMG_8823.JPG

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Quick2

I had a friend help with the jewels and domes and help with upholstery of kirk chair. with guidance. it was a fun build. Kirk Chair took 1 year to build. Helm took about about 6 months to build.

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Both are well done.

The Transporter reminds of the one at a Trek Con in New York in the 70”s

DazzlerFan

All of those are fantastic! That must be one awesome room they are in.

On the transporter, are the floor emitters etched plastic? Glass? Just curious. It’s not every day you see a transporter! :)

Quick2

All of those are fantastic! That must be one awesome room they are in.

On the transporter, are the floor emitters etched plastic? Glass? Just curious. It’s not every day you see a transporter! :)
Thank you. The floor emitters are custom 3/4 clear acrylic for strength and that were made with dimensions of show. With proper spacing of etching 1/8 inch deep. They have been strength tested with weight with many folks standing on them and when I brought Transporter to local comic con. the emitters sit on a under ridge for or 3/4 inch wood and framing to withstand the weight. 240 pounds was top weight. The acrylic held up.
IMG_1082.JPG

DazzlerFan

Thank you. The floor emitters are custom 3/4 clear acrylic for strength and that were made with dimensions of show. With proper spacing of etching 1/8 inch deep. They have been strength tested with weight with many folks standing on them and when I brought Transporter to local comic con. the emitters sit on a under ridge for or 3/4 inch wood and framing to withstand the weight. 240 pounds was top weight. The acrylic held up.
Thank you for the information. Again, all of these are incredibly cool.

When I was young, I dreamed of one day building a replica bridge and transporter in my parent’s basement. While it never happened, thanks for posting these pics and stirring that memory. (Now to convince my wife we need something like that in our basement. :) )

TazMan2000

Master Member
That is a great job. Hopefully the emitters are removable. I'm not trying to shame anybody but there were a few people in Star Trek uniforms at the local Con (as well as one in Arizona that I attended long ago) that well exceeded 240 pounds by a multiple of 2 or 3. You may want to discreetly put a weight limit on it, as if somebody falls through and hurts themselves, they may try and blame you.

TazMan2000

trekkieALF

That looks awesome. I’m just starting to build my own console. Can you help with the switches and lights. I’m having a hard time finding them. Thanks Al

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.