TOS Galactica - PreEA Cruiser and Eagle Bash

t2sides

Master Member
Hello All,
Just completed these two Original Series Galactica Rag Tag Ships. The Pre-EA Cruiser (which later was built on to make the Eastern Alliance Destroyer), was built using most of the same kit parts as the original miniature. The paint job was meticulously replicated to the original, in both color tones as well as the "splatter" effect. This is actually a very simple replica to create.
The second ship is the "Eagle Bash", it's seen in a few episodes flying 'upside down' along side the Galactica, and 'right side up' when leaving the colonies. The colors on this are more interpretive, as the prime reference I had were the nice hi res black and white photos out there. This one is a bit more subjective in interpretation, but still came out fairly cool.
I'm working on two more, larger Rag Tags that I've not seen any recreations yet to date. More to come on that.
Thanks for looking,
Sean

Attachments

• PreEA9.jpg
    PreEA9.jpg
    811.9 KB · Views: 180
  • PreEA1.jpg
    PreEA1.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 154
  • PreEA2.jpg
    PreEA2.jpg
    739.3 KB · Views: 169
  • PreEA3.jpg
    PreEA3.jpg
    781.3 KB · Views: 223
  • PreEA4.jpg
    PreEA4.jpg
    493.7 KB · Views: 174
  • PreEA6.jpg
    PreEA6.jpg
    876.3 KB · Views: 181
  • PreEA7.jpg
    PreEA7.jpg
    605.7 KB · Views: 162
  • PreEA8.jpg
    PreEA8.jpg
    573.1 KB · Views: 169
And Here is the Eagle Bash

Attachments

• EB2.jpg
    EB2.jpg
    731.8 KB · Views: 361
  • EB3.jpg
    EB3.jpg
    792 KB · Views: 361
  • EB4.jpg
    EB4.jpg
    652.8 KB · Views: 346
  • EB5.jpg
    EB5.jpg
    905.3 KB · Views: 353
  • EB6.jpg
    EB6.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 408
  • EB7.jpg
    EB7.jpg
    707.7 KB · Views: 355
  • EB1.jpg
    EB1.jpg
    529.7 KB · Views: 306
Brilliant on both counts! I've been thinking about making the Eagle bash for some time as I have most of the kits, but it seemed to boring to bother, until now!
I think the paint job really makes it!
Can I ask what engine parts you used and what's the tube like section on the front (between the Eagle and Harrier parts)
thanks,
L

Lovely work Sean, they both look fantastic. That pre-EA cruiser is on my to do list.
Glad you found (some of the) black and whites useful :)
What are the upper head bumps (cruiser), are they plastruct or kit parts?

Thanks a ton guys!! Appreciate the feedback! These are both fun rag tags to build for sure.

Lee, that part is from the Wostok kit, same kit used on the Cylon Tanker, Galactica, and a few Rag Tags.
Rats, I wound up scratch building the bumps.
Thanks
Sean

I can't wait to see these flying in formation with the Galactica Laser Turret...... because, you know, I have to mention that. (Well, not really. But, you know - tradition.)

Outstanding work - sloppy! (But hey, it's accurate sloppy!)

Gene

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back