TOS Galactica - Intercolony Bus Replica

t2sides

Master Member
Updates on Post #14, finished with struts

Hi All,
Here is the next Original Series, Battlestar Galactica Rag Tag replica build I just finished.

This is the "Intercolony Bus". Very little references are out there that I could find, so I just basically went from the comparison picture below and one of the Apogee construction pics. I made a few minor changes for my own purposes, but for the most part it's a fairly faithful replica of the original miniature. This ship was an absolute pleasure and fun project to build. It's got a very unique characteristic that I've wanted to build for many years. The main item I noticed to get this done was realizing the round halves were from the Texaco Tanker kit, a common one used on Galactica miniatures. From there, it was pretty easy to figure out most of the other parts. I still have to add the landing gear "struts", so I'll post a few more once those are on (railgun parts).
Huge Thanks to "Dr. Theo's Skinjobs" for their help on part loans!!
Thanks for looking!
Sean

Attachments

• ICS4.jpg
    ICS4.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 232
  • ICS3.jpg
    ICS3.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 242
  • ICS2.jpg
    ICS2.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 221
  • ICS1.jpg
    ICS1.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 315
  • ICS8.jpg
    ICS8.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 240
  • ICS7.jpg
    ICS7.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 260
  • ICS6.jpg
    ICS6.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 224
  • ICS5.jpg
    ICS5.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Hey Sean, I just LOVE this build! Always been a favourite ship of mine too, but way too many expensive kit parts for me :)

We have to catch up again mate, been too long!

Mike

This is GREAT Sean! I'm really impressed with your re-creations of the rag-tag fleet ships.

Will you also build the "Time Capsule" satellite from Buck? It was on eBay a few years ago. I have the pictures from the listing if you need them.

-Marc

Time_Capsule_Screencap_01.jpg

Thanks very much guys, the encouragement just keeps me building!!

Here's an update, it's now complete. Notice it now has "Struts" on the landing gear structure. These are Leopold parts cut down per the original. It really helps finish it off and look complete and solid. I love the absolute ingenuity the original miniature builders did, and how well they made these ships seem to have a very realistic quality.
Thanks again! Marc - No Buck replicas on my plate.... Yet :)
Sean

Attachments

• ICS16.jpg
    ICS16.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 156
  • ICS15.jpg
    ICS15.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 153
  • ICS14.jpg
    ICS14.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 133
  • ICS13.jpg
    ICS13.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 142
  • ICS12.jpg
    ICS12.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 161
  • ICS11.jpg
    ICS11.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 161
  • ICS10.jpg
    ICS10.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 156
Hey Marc, HOLY CRAP, I can't believe I missed that the first time around. They totally chopped up and reused it for Buck, eh?? Wow.
Too funny the rework those guys did back then!
Sean

Hey Marc, HOLY CRAP, I can't believe I missed that the first time around. They totally chopped up and reused it for Buck, eh?? Wow.
Too funny the rework those guys did back then!
Sean

See? THAT would be using those parts for good. Not evil....... :)

Gene

PS - This one need not be kitted. Ever......

PPS - Really like the paint job . It is better than the original. That I mean.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back