TOS Cage WNM & Production Bridges...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underdog

Sr Member
I've been working on several versions of these bridges for a long time and first built Ron Caudillo's bridge, even though I thought of doing this while confined to wheelchair back in 2000. I started out using cereal boxes and tried to do this from scratch back in oo. At any rate, I'm using a card model, but will be building this in styrene.

TOS Trek Files - Page 11 - PaperModelers.com

Last edited:
Wow, I worked on this some more today, while working on real life stuff and taking care of getting things ready for spring. Anyone that owns a house, knows what I'm talking about... Any way... I love this bridge and have been working on various versions of it for years. I've got several different versions of it, but this simple game model looks like it's going to be the easiest to build. At any rate, here are some pics of the game model that I'm going to turn into a styrene version I really don't want to say what scale I'm working on because I want to make sure that I do it first. LOL!

Thanks feek, I've got it all textured and textured up a couple of different versions, I'm working on the Mirror Universe version today. I'll make the card model available to everyone that wants it in a couple of different sizes and texture versions.

Really looking great!!!

Looking forward to your updates.

I've got the WNM and Cage versions done in the computer, all I have to do is use screen grabs for the proper textures for the Cage version and go over some of the other textures to make sure the look correct for each version of the ship. After I finishe the card model versions I'm going to print one up at scale and cut all of the templates for the styrene version. I figure if tweak the textures and use high res graphics and screen captures I can print right from the card model file to create transparencies and decals directly from the finished card model. Naturally I'm going to have to sculpt better chairs and what not.

Can't see your work over there because I'm not a member. Any chance on posting them here?

Can't see your work over there because I'm not a member. Any chance on posting them here?

Sure, here are the screens that I uploaded there. Also regards trivia. Did you know that the guy that is on the transporter is the voice of Robby the Robot from Forbidden Planet? Did you notice that the transporter console is in fact the helm? It was also used this way in WNM. Additionally, if you look at the matt painting, it looks to me like it was painted by the same people that did the matt paint for Forbidden Planet.

To clarify what I'm doing and why I posted the screen grabs above... I'm taking a basic game model from Bridge Commander and modifing it, texturing it, unfolding it and creating a cardstock maquette. I'll then replace the textures with higher resolution versions and self created graphics, using the reference material directly from the set blueprints, other references, as well as the card model and cutting styrene templates at a certain scale to create physical versions of the TOS Constitution Class ship in styrene. Using the references above and over 2000 other screen grabs I hope to create an accurate set of scale bridges, from The Cage through to the production version and a Mirror Mirror version. To that end, I've been reworking all of the original textures and have split the model up into separate components to create the styrene templates.

I got a very little work done on this today, mostly just replacing the old Cage textures with newer higher res textures, since they are going to be used as decals and transparencies for the styrene versions..... So, I guess you could say I'm doing my own "Enhanced Version." LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back