Torso on the go

esdain

woke early this morning and felt like i was in a painting mood so i woke the guests up that were in the B&B with the sound of my compressor and music on the go but this is what i came up with

a bit of trimming and a little hole filling, tried it one, and put it on my mannequin
SV500002-4.jpg

then after a coat of prosaide i mixed up a slightly off white colour
SV500001-3.jpg

then i skipped a few steps with the photos as i got carried away
SV500006_2.jpg

and thats how it stands atm, the colours match my mask so next i just need to repaint my legs, hands and feet
SV500008_2.jpg

the colours match my mask so next i just need to repaint my legs, hands and feet. more to come later i hope depending on when i get to close

SV500002-4.jpg

SV500001-3.jpg

SV500006_2.jpg

SV500008_2.jpg

Great work there buddy, I hope to get my torso from Ian soon So can't wait. Keep up the treads coming on this piece as I'd like to see the end result, again great paint work.
Cheers,
Stephen.

just a quick update before work.
painted the leather on his side and done the first layer of silver, this i used a sponge to apply, will add some lighter silver in places and some with different colours added, like green and brown for a slightly weathered effect

SV500002-5.jpg

right, off to work, more on this tomorrow

SV500002-5.jpg

looking good.

The only thing i see that i do not like is something i see on ALOT of painted suits, people paint around the muscles on the outlines like you have on your abs section.

Maybe mellow that back slightly , but if you want that look then all power to you. for me it looks toooooooo false.

looking forward to seeing the rest painted up now though :)

To be fair the muscles are sculpted in and need some definition, i don't think its over the top, to each there own i guess, the armour is looking great to there bud

when did i say it was over the top?

All i said was i do not like the outlines of muscles painted, they do not need defining as they stand out anway.

it was not a nasty comment just a crit, to give another idea!!, im sure Ben knows im just trying to help, and would prefer honest opinions rather than just smoke blown up his ass.

aaah, no arguin on my thread!!!
and yea, i don;t think lee meant any offense, and i understand his point. i have always found that in person things don't need defining due to natural shadows but on photos the flash tends to white things out and the definition is needed to be painted in, problem is finding the happy medium between looking fake and looking natural. me personally am only really experienced in painting in 2D where the defining features are painted.
thanks for the comments guys.
off out on the piss now so who knows what my painting will be like tomorrow :)

Hey i didn't mean anything by it, i was just saying i thought it needed a bit of definition along the muscle groups, thats why i said to each there own, we all have different ways of painting stuff.

i know i know, the joys of the net and typing, it's very easy for misunderstandings without tones of voice or hand gestures

sweet as mate great painting job,you woke up your guests LOL "WHAT IS ALL THAT NOISE?"yeah just "PAINTING MY PREDATOR SKIN GO BACK TO SLEEP".

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back