"Topknot's" gauntlet.

AlphaTech686

Some of you may remember this thing from a year or two ago. I pulled it back out and redesigned the blades. I actually started on the housing. Can you believe it. Hope you all like it. As always, comments welcome.
The new blades.
071-1.jpg

072-1.jpg

074-1.jpg

The housing halfway done.
022-4.jpg

023-1.jpg

024-3.jpg

aaaaaaaaarg, just spent 2 hrs in hospital, trying hopelessly to get this pictures to load when i barely had any signal. i KNEW a topknot update would be good :D

Now i am home i can see it is, i much prefer the blades to the old ones. and as always i love seeing clay slinging going on ;)

i always love looking at your work. the blades are killer and probably what a preds blades should look like- a bit more tech-y.

i can't see where the blades will come out on the housing?

Thanks all. They are made out of lexan and yes Coollekotten if I put a lock on the blades in the open position I think they could impale someone quite easy. I guess I gotta keep it lock free.

OK, I'm actually afraid of these things now. If I ever meet you at a convention, will you promise not to rip my neck open with those blades? ;) :D

You were the one with the video on YouTube showing those blades springing open in about 5 milliseconds, weren't you?

You're gonna look like Gears of Predators! Awesome work, love the designs and how you have a personal touch to every part of the design instead of screen accuracy, truely a warriors trial.

I'll try to get a video up this week. By the way the chain is nylon/very lite. The motor is the heaviest part. It is still very comfortable to wear.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back